Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Spyderco factory seconds sale tomorrow 12/03/20 10AM MST

Site Supporter
    I like Spyderco. I respect the fact that it is a family business that grew out of the back of a van.

I profoundly respect the fact that the founder has brought his son up in the business in a responsible manner.

They provide an excellent MIL/GOV/LEO discount.

Having said all of that, the constant website crashing 2 days in a row coupled with having to create a seperate account have left a me feeling very meh re this sale to the point that the 200ish I would have spent at this sale on a few knives will get re re set aside for a pro tech malibu.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I like Spyderco. I respect the fact that it is a family business that grew out of the back of a van.

I profoundly respect the fact that the founder has brought his son up in the business in a responsible manner.

Having said all of that, the constant website crashing 2 days in a row coupled with having to create a seperate account have left a me feeling very meh re this sale to the point that the 200ish I would have spent at this sale on a few knives will get re re set aside for a pro tech malibu.
    You're not kidding. I have now attempted to complete my checkout four different times with four different knives. Each time the site crashed repeatedly and by the time I could complete a checkout, the knives had sold out.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

This. I appreciate the head's up on this sale but that was the single worst e-commerce experience I've ever had. Constantly having to reload pages and refill information and watching stuff in my cart go out of stock each time. Not worth it.

Site Supporter
    Well, that went better than I expected from reading the posts about it. Ordered a pocketknife I’d never heard of from them, and a new kitchen knife to replace a tired old thing from our wedding.

There was another one that was super tempting just because it looked badass, but I really don’t need it. Badassery/BAMF days are far behind me, I’m afraid.

I get the feeling Spyderco had no idea that so many folks would get in on the sale, thus the "crashes" we all experienced.

Managed to snag a P'Kal yesterday though.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Booyah! I happened to hit refresh just as they updated a new inventory. I had two windows open so I just added everything I wanted to the cart and kept refreshing until I got to each next step in the process, not even knowing what made it into my cart until the end of the process. I managed to successfully purchase a Yojimbo, a PM2 and a Native. I didn't need both the PM2 and the Native but wanted to purchase something with the site crashing every ten seconds. When they arrive, I'll play around with both and end up giving the one I don't keep away as a gift.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Two PM2s up right now, grab’em if you can.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I still don’t need a Parata, but that is such a cool looking knife.
    I won’t buy it. If I’d added it to my previous order, though, I would have gotten free shipping. LOL.

Site Supporter
    Website says Sold Out
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

It may just be me, but I am not too impressed with the pricing and hassle of everything.
    Especially since you cannot return a knife for service or anything if needed.

User Tag List