Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bergara B14 HMR

Bergara B14 HMR

I picked up a B14 HMR in .22-250 right after Thanksgiving. I also renounced my abstinence from Sig and bought a Sierra3/Kilo1800 BDX combo. The scope is 4.5-14x44mm. It sits in Talley rings. The rangefinder has Applied Ballistics Ultralight in it and they bond to each other. Both connect to my phone with bluetooth. Pretty slick setup. Eventually I will get a Kestrel Elite, as this will interface with the Sig platform.

For an out of the box rifle, this thing looks like its going to be a shooter. Only one range trip so far, but it appears to be something to build on. The features on the rifle are crazy good for a gun at this price level. The barrel comes threaded 5/8-24, (so I put a GemTech Tracker in the holding tank for it), and is a heavy contour 1-9" twist. The stock has a mini chassis molded in and the barrel is free floated. It comes with flush cup QD mounts on both sides and one rear/two front standard sling swivel studs. The stock is adjustable for length of pull and comb height. The trigger is adjustable, has a crisp break at around three pounds right out of the box. I ain't gonna mess with it.

Name:  IMG_0843.jpg
Views: 5886
Size:  99.3 KB

This is to be a dedicated predator hunting rig so I loaded up some 55 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips seated .030" off the lands over Varget and Federal GM210M primers. It was pretty cold, but calm when I tested the first workup. Velocity isn't what I was hoping for, but I still have a grain and a half that I can go up before hitting max listed loads. Might be able to run it up a bit more given the generous throat length.

Anyhow, at lower powder charges I got a .264" group and a .429" group, at the highest charge tested it posted a .263" group. All at 100 yards. The picture of the .263" group has a hole to the left that was pre-adjustment. Not a flyer. Measured OD minus .224".

.264"
    Name:  IMG_0841.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  23.7 KB

.429"
    Name:  IMG_0842.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  27.4 KB

.263" (shot one, adjusted, shot three)
    Name:  IMG_0845.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  21.9 KB

I will chase speed in the off season, or as time allows. For now I am gonna run with it and get after some predators.

I foresee more Bergaras in my future.

ETA: I forgot to mention that it comes with an oversized bolt knob and AICS DBM compatible bottom metal. It comes with one Bergara magazine, but will use Magpul and AICS mags for .308 Win.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 12-05-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Site Supporter
    Nice.

I’ve been equally pleased with my B14 HMR .308.

My only modification has been a Atlas 4” 1913 rail adaptor for QD bipod mounting.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/22...-4-steel-black

Does 22-250 work with most 5.56mm suppressors ?
    Last edited by HCM; 12-05-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    I like my Bergara HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor. Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 FFP 6-24x50 MRAD.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Nice.

My only modification has been a Atlas 4” 1913 rail adaptor for QD bipod mounting.

Not too sure about the suppressor ratings. The Tracker is my first and it is rated up to .300 Win Mag. I suspect the biggest issue one would run in to with the Bergara would be the 5/8-24 threads. Aren't most 5.56 suppressors 1/2-28?

That rail adaptor looks sweet. Any chance you would post a pic of it mounted on your rifle?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Not too sure about the suppressor ratings. The Tracker is my first and it is rated up to .300 Win Mag. I suspect the biggest issue one would run in to with the Bergara would be the 5/8-24 threads. Aren't most 5.56 suppressors 1/2-28?

That rail adaptor looks sweet. Any chance you would post a pic of it mounted on your rifle?
    I’ll try and grab one tomorrow but here is one from the web.

Name:  B2A2819D-B26C-4EA6-8279-8EE5ABE9188B.jpg
Views: 2328
Size:  76.3 KB

I’ve been eyeing one of these in 6.5CM for a while. I may have to spoil myself after in the spring. I’ve heard very good things about the rifles. Glad to hear those reviewers weren’t fibbing.

Tagged for interest.

Nice.

HCM your Omega should work just fine with a 22-250 with a .30 brake/mount installed or using the direct thread attachment/base that came with your .30 Omega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    HCM your Omega should work just fine with a 22-250 with a .30 brake/mount installed or using the direct thread attachment/base that came with your .30 Omega.

I know the omega would work - I have been eyeing a 5.56 specwar .....

I know the omega would work - I have been eyeing a 5.56 specwar .....
    Copy that, me too.

AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List