Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coldbore Customs reduced glock grip question.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    The reduction brings the rear backstrap inline with the front strap. It changes the angle at which the shooters hand holds the grip. How it feels is subjective to each shooter, so I can't say it will point like a 1911 for you. I find it does point more naturally for my hand, and other report the same to me, but I can't say how it will feel in your hand.

What I generally tell customers is, if the Glock fits your hand ok, a reduction will make it fit and feel a lot better. If a Glock doesn't fit your hand now, no amount of grip work is going to make it fit correctly.

TXPO
    Do you have photos of the different textures you offer?

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    yes this would be great to see. I am going to send him two g17 gen 5 frames to be chopped and reduced. I'll be carrying against bare skin appendix, so want a texture that will help but not eat me alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    You can go to my website Coldborecustom.com and checkout the images page. If you click on each one it gives a description of the work that was done including the texturing style. I am working on some new style right now, I just haven't had much free time to get them finalized, but hopefully soon.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    I have a Gen 3 19 with the carry texture; to me it’s the best overall texture of any plastic pistol I’ve ever held. Way better than my other 2 I had done by other people; almost as grippy and way easier on my belly and shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    yes this would be great to see. I am going to send him two g17 gen 5 frames to be chopped and reduced. I'll be carrying against bare skin appendix, so want a texture that will help but not eat me alive.
    I’m not sure what TXPO calls them each but; in my experience the wood grain type texturing is the least aggravating on skin, the sort of medium-deep stipple the next most comfy.

In your position I’d look at getting one done each way.

I find that a chopped and or dehumpped 17 is great in my hands (large size, not terribly meaty). A G19 is fine for me unmodded, but the hump on the 17 doesn’t point naturally for me, I always drop my first couple rounds low unless I’m incredibly conscious of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I’m not sure what TXPO calls them each but; in my experience the wood grain type texturing is the least aggravating on skin, the sort of medium-deep stipple the next most comfy.

In your position I’d look at getting one done each way.

I find that a chopped and or dehumpped 17 is great in my hands (large size, not terribly meaty). A G19 is fine for me unmodded, but the hump on the 17 doesn’t point naturally for me, I always drop my first couple rounds low unless I’m incredibly conscious of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The texture I do that mimics this is Bark Texture.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List