Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DW TCP: first range session

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    This is true.

On the other hand, at least when it comes to the 45, I have found that if I carry a Lightweight Commander I need to practice with it more often than I care to. The recoil impulse is just different enough from a steel gun that shooting one is not like shooting the other. With a 9mm or 38 Super the difference is much less pronounced.

I have been carrying a Lightweight Government 45 lately, which is nice because it shoots more like a full size gun but carries more like a Lwt Cmdr -- at least in terms of weight. I'd like to have a Lwt Gov in 38 Super but currently the only company I know of that is making one is Nighthawk Custom and I'm not currently committed to funding that purchase. That could change however.
    Get a DW Vigil in 9mm and fit, or have fit, a .38 super barrel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    Get a DW Vigil in 9mm and fit, or have fit, a .38 super barrel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Interesting suggestion.

Interesting suggestion.
    There is a guardian on gunbroker right now with both a 9mm and 38 barrel..
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    There is a guardian on gunbroker right now with both a 9mm and 38 barrel..
    Yeah the Guardian in 38 Super has been around a while, but I am more interested in a lightweight 5" gun. DW makes the Vigil but not in 38 Super. The 9mm could be converted but I'm not sure I want to go that route. Nighthawk Custom will make one but of course that's an expensive option.

My Lightweight Government 45 carries really nice and shoots like a full size gun should. It makes me wish I could find the same thing in 38 Super.

Yeah the Guardian in 38 Super has been around a while, but I am more interested in a lightweight 5" gun. DW makes the Vigil but not in 38 Super. The 9mm could be converted but I'm not sure I want to go that route. Nighthawk Custom will make one but of course that's an expensive option.

My Lightweight Government 45 carries really nice and shoots like a full size gun should. It makes me wish I could find the same thing in 38 Super.
    I had DW build a custom gun for my dad for his 60th birthday a couple years ago. I wanted a 5” Valor in .38 Super, but they don’t have 5” .38 barrels. I had them build a .38 Super VBOB instead. Great gun.

I also had a Guardian in .38 Super that I really liked.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It is really, really hard to carry other guns once you fall in with an LWC.
    I can testify. Your statement is very

One day recently at a store I noticed they had some striker fired guns. I was surprised they had some on the shelf. I thought about buying one. I've been carrying 1911 and LWC exclusively for almost 2 straight years. I held on to it, moved the trigger to take up point, checked sights. I was very surprised...at how much I was underwhelmed.

User Tag List