Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kusiak Leather - wooden claw AIWB

Kusiak Leather - wooden claw AIWB

Anyone tried out Kusiak Leather's American holster? I was looking for a low cost leather AIWB holster and DDG turned up this gem.

Name:  Screenshot_20201201-232521.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  33.6 KB
    https://kusiakleather.com/products/t...an-iwb-holster

I have to say, that wood/carbon fiber claw looks pretty sweet but I'm not sure I'm game to fork over $155.00 to try one out. Thought it was noteworthy though.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I would be concerned about there being enough clearance to get a grip on the weapon.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

At that point you’re not that far from an SME, and that’s an extremely well-proven holster with significant differences to kydex offerings.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I would be concerned about there being enough clearance to get a grip on the weapon.
    I would agree, there seems to not be enough room for the grip, knuckles, the claw and the belt.

It does look cool though.

I know that I'm biased, but the fact that this forum has never heard of this holster seems like a clue to me.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I would agree, there seems to not be enough room for the grip, knuckles, the claw and the belt.

It does look cool though.
    I went to their website and checked out the other available photos. There are photos of two Sig P365 XL holsters and one has a claw that looks like it would mess with a full firing grip while the other doesn’t. You might be able to request the height of claw you’d prefer in the comments because there isn’t an option in the normal drop down menus where you choose your gun and color.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    At that point you’re not that far from an SME, and that’s an extremely well-proven holster with significant differences to kydex offerings.
    While I would love to try out an SME, however, it is cost and lead time prohibitive for me. I have no doubt that it is worth every penny, but just too rich for my wallet.

I'm just starting to look into leather AIWB holsters, but I don't see any that use a wing or belt wedge to tuck the grip, with the exception of the SME. That's what interested me in the Kusiak American. That it has no proponents here does make me less interested as LL suggested.
    Last edited by Irelander; 12-02-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I wish someone would make a leather AIWB holster with DCC clips and a standard attachment hole pattern for a dark wing. I know 5 Shot just came out with a monoblock-equipped AIWB but no claw.

That is the hipsterist holster I've ever seen. I'm not a fan of the spring clip.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

You may have looked at them already, but what about the AIWB offerings from JRC holsters? The Watson Special is in the same price range as this and, I think, has a shorter lead time than a SME. No personal experience, just came to mind since JRC and 5 Shot would be the two places I’d look for a leather AIWB, based mostly on what I’ve read here.

User Tag List