Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kusiak Leather - wooden claw AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I wish someone would make a leather AIWB holster with DCC clips and a standard attachment hole pattern for a dark wing. I know 5 Shot just came out with a monoblock-equipped AIWB but no claw.
    Milt Sparks has done a few.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    While I would love to try out an SME, however, it is cost and lead time prohibitive for me. I have no doubt that it is worth every penny, but just too rich for my wallet.

I'm just starting to look into leather AIWB holsters, but I don't see any that use a wing or belt wedge to tuck the grip, with the exception of the SME. That's what interested me in the Kusiak American. That it has no proponents here does make me less interested as LL suggested.
    Check out bitterroot gun leather. You can get a decent sampling on their ig if you're on there but I've seen many models covered and they've done plenty of aiwb rigs with clawed and they've worked with dcc clips also.

https://www.bitterrootgunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    You never fail to make me feel like a cheapskate, Rob. "Only" $190.
    If it makes you feel any better, if we were shooting the same match tomorrow you'd probably beat me by an embarrassing amount.

I'm probably pretty close to the walking definition of "Gucci Gear; Wal-Mart Skill" right now. I've been pretty derelict in shooting and kind of lazy about dry fire too. I haven't actually run a timer in nearly four months.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, if we were shooting the same match tomorrow you'd probably beat me by an embarrassing amount.

I'm probably pretty close to the walking definition of "Gucci Gear; Wal-Mart Skill" right now. I've been pretty derelict in shooting and kind of lazy about dry fire too. I haven't actually run a timer in nearly four months.
    We're probably pretty close in that regard, except that I don't even have the fancy gear. I've been to one match since February. COVID sucks, but at least I'm saving money on ammo and match fees...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Get on that shit, man. You owe it to yourself.

Couple of samples of the Bitterroot Gun Leather offerings from IG
    Name:  Screenshot_20201204-090830.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20201204-090911.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  53.0 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Couple of samples of the Bitterroot Gun Leather offerings from IG
    Interesting designs. Hard for me to tell from the photos (sans a gun or mold inserted) if the wing is high enough to interfere with a proper grip.

I dug a little deeper - these basic designs look good - Plenty of grip, DCC clip, wing. Nothing too fancy here.

Edit: I will note the website says their lead time is 7 months, damn. I think 5-Shot is currently <3-months.

http://instagram.com/p/CGvAhecJWT4/

I definitely own two JRC rigs for HK P30. Last one was from 2-3 years back though.

As to the 5Shot and JRC websites, old and sketchy are two different things. I don’t think either have bothered to update to better sites because they have both been operating at capacity/backlog for upwards of 5 years. They are both legit small operations run by their owners, and leather is far harder to scale and maintain quality than Kydex or IM products.

I would wager a large number of folks here have one or more holsters from both of these makers; that’s why they’re so busy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List