Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T-Rex Arms Holsters -- Love --- Hate???

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is the sale still going on?
    Sir I do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No. They make a few good products but mostly not.

Their AIWB Kydex is built ok but a horrible design.

As @Clusterfrack mentioned their OWB duty style holster with no active retention is well made but serves no real purpose other than range theatrics.

The owner of Trex Arms is, shall we say, a divisive figure, in the shooting community. Definitely not "loved by all."

Trex Arms success is a product of social media marketing.
    Oh yeah, Lucas Botkins is very much despised by more serious shooters. There was the homophobic snapchat post, his video speed-ups, his family being some level of cult (do a search for “Botkin Syndrome) and his refusal to do certain portions of shooting matches he’s participated in leading to a DQ.

Sub-par gear from a sub-par human from what I’ve been able to ascertain.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Oh yeah, Lucas Botkins is very much despised by more serious shooters. There was the homophobic snapchat post, his video speed-ups, his family being some level of cult (do a search for “Botkin Syndrome) and his refusal to do certain portions of shooting matches he’s participated in leading to a DQ.

Sub-par gear from a sub-par human from what I’ve been able to ascertain.
    Smells like crazy fundamentalist cult!

What?

his refusal to do certain portions of shooting matches he’s participated in leading to a DQ.
    How on Earth does a person go to a match and just refuse to participate in certain stages?!

Friends don't let friends buy holsters that fund the Christian version of ISIS.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
    How on Earth does a person go to a match and just refuse to participate in certain stages?!
    He supposedly showed up LARPer style (wearing plates and a helmet) to a 3-gun match and then refused to do anything requiring physical exertion like a dummy drag.

Here’s the results from that particular match:

https://practiscore.com/results/new/59850
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

He supposedly showed up LARPer style (wearing plates and a helmet) to a 3-gun match and then refused to do anything requiring physical exertion like a dummy drag.

Here’s the results from that particular match:

https://practiscore.com/results/new/59850
    To be fair, he looks like he weights about a buck ten.
    #RESIST

The gear doesn't seem awful, but as others have stated, the lack of a return policy or any customer support would make me steer clear.

Regarding Lucas, he seems like a shady character. Another interesting observation I've seen is him claiming "Law Enforcement" category at matches. See here:
    https://practiscore.com/results/new/...q_individual=0
    https://practiscore.com/results/new/...q_individual=0

He is classified and seems to perform at an A class level in matches, but due to "creative" video editing, he looks a lot faster on instagram. For the gun industry, this is apparently a low enough bar to secure law enforcement training contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    To be fair, he looks like he weights about a buck ten.
    Not sure I see the connection. Being scrawny doesn't mean you have to be a bitch.

The Phlster Flex makes mag caddy holsters in general and the sidecar specifically obsolete. More range of motion, the ability to fine tune the rig to your needs, both in terms of fit, (angle, spacing, ride height, etc,) and loadout, (plug in holster of choice, as well as pouches, mounting system, and equipment.) The fact that the owner isn't a try-hard twat waffle is just a bonus.

User Tag List