Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: T-Rex Arms Holsters -- Love --- Hate???

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TelumLabs View Post
    I have a few different IWB holsters but have never tried a T-Rex IWB holster. What do people think, worth the price??
    I think the answer to your question is that among serious shooters TREX arms is not a matter of love or Hate. Rather they love to hate TREX arms and it’s proprietor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    The gear doesn't seem awful, but as others have stated, the lack of a return policy or any customer support would make me steer clear.

Regarding Lucas, he seems like a shady character. Another interesting observation I've seen is him claiming "Law Enforcement" category at matches. See here:
    https://practiscore.com/results/new/...q_individual=0

He is classified and seems to perform at an A class level in matches, but due to "creative" video editing, he looks a lot faster on instagram. For the gun industry, this is apparently a low enough bar to secure law enforcement training contracts.
    The fact that he was only a "jolly vollie" for a year is kind of a red flag, too. I never knew anyone who left that quickly, at that young age, with the exception of people who either couldn't hack it or failed school (FF or EMT)......or moved away, but that doesn't seem to be applicable here.

As far as the LE thing..... @TC215, what are the legalities surrounding special deputation, reserve officer appointments, etc in Tennessee?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    As far as the LE thing..... @TC215, what are the legalities surrounding special deputation, reserve officer appointments, etc in Tennessee?
    https://eli.ctas.tennessee.edu/refer...eputy-sheriffs

Not a lot to it, main thing is you have to complete 80 hours of training the first year. Department policy will dictate exactly what a reserve can and cannot do. Most of the reserves around here have to ride with a full-time officer when on duty, unless they’re POST certified.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The fact that he was only a "jolly vollie" for a year is kind of a red flag, too. I never knew anyone who left that quickly, at that young age, with the exception of people who either couldn't hack it or failed school (FF or EMT)......or moved away, but that doesn't seem to be applicable here.

If Lukas is a reserve I'd be curious to know if the Sheriff /Chief was a member of the church.

Quote Originally Posted by TelumLabs View Post
    Interesting, thanks! For how much business they did I figured they were well loved by all / an industry standard.
    I would say much more insta-whatever-enthusiastic fringe, than “industry standard.”

TREX is a decent Kydex bender, in a world with quite a few decent Kydex benders. His Sidecar rig is the LEAST-concealable AIWB rig I have tried. I see it as a fast-draw-gamer rig, but I am not a gamer. The Ragnarok is a decent OWB, for times when neither retention nor concealment are important.

I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt, regarding quirky religious beliefs. Especially young folks, as they may get around to reading a real* Bible, someday, and see the light. (I have not attempted to learn what TREXian beliefs might be.)

*No, in spite of my evangelical protestant heritage, I do not mean the KJV, or any of its derivatives.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Not sure I see the connection. Being scrawny doesn't mean you have to be a bitch.
    I was referring to the dummy drag thing and mostly in jest.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    The gear doesn't seem awful, but as others have stated, the lack of a return policy or any customer support would make me steer clear.

Regarding Lucas, he seems like a shady character. Another interesting observation I've seen is him claiming "Law Enforcement" category at matches. See here:

He is classified and seems to perform at an A class level in matches, but due to "creative" video editing, he looks a lot faster on instagram. For the gun industry, this is apparently a low enough bar to secure law enforcement training contracts.
    Claiming LE status pretty much puts him into my NFE category as Uncle Pat would say (Not Fucking Ever).
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is the sale still going on?
    No, but the P-F discount is always available:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post504100

Name:  F0fCyx_JRUWso2lowySuclboJkQXCRRN7aHyaG1HUbY.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  29.7 KB
    I'm not entirely sure one should go around calling gay people fags if they refuse to do a dummy drag. The way he's so well established in the shooting community makes me shake my head. He may run a successful company and rub shoulders with well known people but he is a morally bankrupt individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Name:  F0fCyx_JRUWso2lowySuclboJkQXCRRN7aHyaG1HUbY.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  29.7 KB
    I'm not entirely sure one should go around calling gay people fags if they refuse to do a dummy drag. The way he's so well established in the shooting community makes me shake my head. He may run a successful company and rub shoulders with well known people but he is a morally bankrupt individual.
    Uh, yeah that's not cool. At all. I know at least two people who happen to be gay who would kick his ass for saying that (and almost certainly could).
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List