Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The BATFE finally got a decent score

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I thought it was ATF's job to send illegal weapons to Mexico? This is what happens when you cut into ATF's market share.
    Lol. The government rarely likes having competition...

Glad they got these guys, but man 3 years ago. Sounds like a lot of time dedicated to working their way up a food chain till they got to something/one worth announcing.

Hope they charge, prosecute and punish.

When you figure how many innocents have probably been whacked by the miniguns that had already been smuggled, ten years is not nearly enough time.

As far as Fox is concerned - from the linked story - bullshit. He was probably a dirty cop before he retired.

So, Fast and Furious 2?

That was a phenomenally stupid criminal enterprise. Minguns are rare and unusual so I would imagine their appearance became a investigative priority, and I can't imagine that tracing them was all that hard.

It's not quite as stupid as stealing the Mona Lisa then trying to move it on eBay, but it is close.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Well that's one in a row!

I thought Garwood is/was related to Vltor in the past. No longer associated?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I thought it was ATF's job to send illegal weapons to Mexico? This is what happens when you cut into ATF's market share.
    Right? Can't be letting the proles compete with the professionals.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    This is sort of a dated story -- charges were brought in 2018 -- sentences were handed out a few months later.

One the defendants got 70 months, another got two years probation. Not sure what the third guy got, but he was facing five years.

On September 7, 2018, Judge Pitman sentenced Garwood to two years probation and ordered him to pay a $50,000 fine after he pleaded guilty to the conspiracy charge in May 2018. Garwood agreed to divest himself from ownership of his company. As a convicted felon, he can no longer possess firearms.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdtx/pr...uggling-scheme

User Tag List