Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta BL-4 O/U

Beretta BL-4 O/U

I picked up this old Beretta BL-4 a couple of weeks ago. The guy I bought it from thought it was made in the early 70's but I have not checked. I picked it up cheap because it had a crack in the forend. I took it to a local stock guy who fixed it up real nice. Gotta look real close to see the repair.

It is in very good mechanical condition and shoots very nice. Full over Modified 30" barrel. Sweet old O/U, good looking with a lot of character. It will make a great field gun.

Name:  IMG_E6483.jpg
Views: 1976
Size:  65.8 KB

Name:  IMG_E6492.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  64.7 KB

Name:  IMG_E6486.jpg
Views: 1519
Size:  78.6 KB

Name:  IMG_E6488.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  IMG_E6493.jpg
Views: 1367
Size:  66.1 KB

Name:  IMG_E6490.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6489.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  51.9 KB

Cool old gun

With 30" barrels, you won't need magnum loads
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I have a soft spot for the old pizza doubles of that era. Gorgeous gun.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

I had a BL-? years ago. Can't remember if it was a 4 or a 2. It was a fine shotgun whatever it was. I also had a 426E which was also a lower tier Beretta sxs. I used my 426E for many years on wild pheasant. Beretta stopped building their lower tier O/U and sxs shotguns a long time ago so these are unique. The quality was the same as any O/U they build today, which is high.

This is the BL? that I had for awhile.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Nice find.

When I was a kid I worked for my brother in law during the Grand American trap shoot in Vandalia OH at the old ATA grounds. Used to love to go to the Beretta booth and look at their shotguns. Absolutely beautiful. Them and Perazzi.

Some of the most beautiful shotgun stocks I’ve ever seen were on Beretta O/Us.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Nice find.

When I was a kid I worked for my brother in law during the Grand American trap shoot in Vandalia OH at the old ATA grounds. Used to love to go to the Beretta booth and look at their shotguns. Absolutely beautiful. Them and Perazzi.

Some of the most beautiful shotgun stocks I’ve ever seen were on Beretta O/Us.
    Also the best barrels in the industry for a production shotgun.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    That's a really pretty shotgun!

My dad has a Beretta O/U Golden Snipe from the early 1970s. It's full over full with 30" barrels and has had a very rough life. The finish on the wood is mostly gone and the checkering is worn smooth. On rare occasion it will double on him. When he was younger that didn't matter much, but the last time it happened he was standing on the muddy edge of a pond shooting at woodduck dropping down through the trees and the double recoil knocked him down. Thankfully, his 74 year old pride was all that was injured but he was furious and made up his mind to sell the gun. After I convinced him to keep it, I took it to the gunsmith to have it looked over, and the only problem the gunsmith could find was 50 years worth of grime inside the receiver. The gun hasn't doubled again since then, but I'm not sure he's hunted with it since then either. Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    That's a really pretty shotgun!

My dad has a Beretta O/U Golden Snipe from the early 1970s. It's full over full with 30" barrels and has had a very rough life. The finish on the wood is mostly gone and the checkering is worn smooth. On rare occasion it will double on him. When he was younger that didn't matter much, but the last time it happened he was standing on the muddy edge of a pond shooting at woodduck dropping down through the trees and the double recoil knocked him down. Thankfully, his 74 year old pride was all that was injured but he was furious and made up his mind to sell the gun. After I convinced him to keep it, I took it to the gunsmith to have it looked over, and the only problem the gunsmith could find was 50 years worth of grime inside the receiver. The gun hasn't doubled again since then, but I'm not sure he's hunted with it since then either. Thanks for listening.
    That will make a great field gun and precious family heirloom with a great story behind it!

My 82 year old dad's shotgun is an old Browning A5 with a plain (no rib) full choked barrel. He no longer can get around well enough to hunt, but he WAS an avid bird hunter. Pheasants, quail and chukar partridge mostly. He can still really shoot that thing since has shot it exclusively for well over 50 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    That will make a great field gun and precious family heirloom with a great story behind it!

My 82 year old dad's shotgun is an old Browning A5 with a plain (no rib) full choked barrel. He no longer can get around well enough to hunt, but he WAS an avid bird hunter. Pheasants, quail and chukar partridge mostly. He can still really shoot that thing since has shot it exclusively for well over 50 years.
    There's a lot to be said spending a whole lot of time with just one gun. I bought my 870 new on my 15th birthday in 1990, and I hope I'm still shooting it when I'm 82! (Hopefully I'm shooting it better by then.)

Bl-4

So did you ever sell the BL-4?

User Tag List