Thread: JTS extraction/ejection issues

JTS extraction/ejection issues

Ok I bought an El Cheapo JTS X12PT back when anything name brand was unobtanium as a hopeful camp/maybe home defense pump shotgun. I know. You get what you pay for. Shot it this week and it's accurate enough and reasonable in recoil with 00 buck but worse than spotty on extraction of spent shells. I've never had this issue with any other shotgun pump or auto from Mavericks to Benelli's. I tried some lower power handloads from a friend and Federal 00 in 2-3/4" shells. The handloads did slightly better than the Federal and the only logical explanation was that the flare on the expended shell was slightly larger on the Federals but both were spotty. How can a plastic flare defeat a metal on metal rim extraction? Shit extractor maybe? I googled it for this model and nothing relevant. Before I trade this pita in on a Mossberg or better are there ideas why this is happening? I'm no expert with shotguns but I didn't even think this was possible with a pump.

Bad/cheap extractor? Maybe a poorly finished (or poorly machined) chamber?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Maybe a poorly finished (or poorly machined) chamber?
    I had one of the Norinco (Hawk?) 870 clones back when we first started doing multi-gun and had extraction issues that were resolved by a chamber mop, polishing compound and a hand drill.

Around the same time even people with older, wingmaster 870s had similar troubles. Some of them also polished chambers but I think the root of the problem was the cheap aluminum(?) base on the wal mart birdshot everybody was using. Switching over to shells that used actual brass was another fix. Not sure if that helps OP or not.

Thanks guys. Well that at least gives me something to look at. Overall the piece reviews rather well so maybe I got a lemon.

I have one of these, what I did was play with the load and the gas system I forget the fps needed for each number but the website has that info based on the velocity of the load. Also I loaded the mags up all the way and let them sit a week or two this is definitely a shotgun that requires all of it to be broken in. It will take around 50-100 rounds then it smooths out mine works great I’ve ran it in a 3 gun match just to see if I liked open without buying a Dissident. It should work I know another guy I shoot matches with same thing played with the gas settings and loads and got his running. Hope that helps

User Tag List