Thread: Uploading *.ods Filetype?

Uploading *.ods Filetype?

I developed a spreadsheet to help me calculate Rear Sight Deflection to correct windage errors. (I can never remember the formula.) I thought I'd try and add this to the "Life Hacks" thread as a useful tool. But when I tried to upload the file via "attachments", I get an error when I tried to upload it:

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-12-01 13-00-37.png
Views: 60
Size:  6.5 KB

Am I missing something? Maybe this filetype is not allowed? No problem if so, just thought I would ask.

I'm using the FireFox webbrowser, on Linux Mint. The spreadsheet was developed with LibreOffice. Here is a PDF of the spreadsheet I'm trying to upload:

Sight_Deflection_Calculator_2020.pdf
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.
    — J. C. Watts

Nobody uses .ods anymore, if anyone ever did. Export it to .xls and it will work.

Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm getting the same error on upload, with the file saved as "*.xls."

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-12-01 14-21-18.png
Views: 55
Size:  7.2 KB

Sorry to be a PITA. I don't see *.xls in the list of allowed file types, but maybe I'm missing something fundamental...
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.
    — J. C. Watts

Email it to webmaster(at)this-forum.com, I’ll handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Email it to webmaster(at)this-forum.com, I’ll handle it.
    Much obliged.

I was thinking why that might be a restricted file type, as it's probably not a Great Idea to allow user's to attach random *.xls files in posts, over which you have no real control.

And since you probably have other things to do, let me investigate hosting that file elsewhere (like a Google Doc) and see if I can't just imbed a link to it. Appreciate the offer of help though!

rich
    — J. C. Watts

Testing link to a *.xls file hosted on Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...zhH9Jx/pubhtml
    — J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Testing link to a *.xls file hosted on Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...zhH9Jx/pubhtml
    Ok, I think I have this worked out; this is a link to a spreadsheet on Google Sheets with the four cells "editable" to product the values in the calculator.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Post where I put the link:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1149451

@LittleLebowski thanks for the help!

rich
    Last edited by RJ; 12-01-2020 at 06:15 PM.
    — J. C. Watts

User Tag List