Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver roundup experiences

Revolver roundup experiences

I thought this might be of interest.

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...volver-roundup

Thanks.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Very interesting write up.
    Good on Greg Ellifritz.

I enjoyed reading that.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Cool.

The photo of the gel test hot defensive JHPs from Chuck’s snub were indeed worth every syllable of their 1,000 words.

This has been very much on my mind of late.

There is a big difference between a J-frame and a K-frame (or Ruger SP101, Colt Cobra, or Kimber K-6). Most students brought two guns, a larger revolver with which to do the majority of their shooting and a small J-frame to occasionally use in the drills. When the students broke out the J-frames, scores dropped and reloading drills seemed significantly more difficult.
    I’ve got the whole setup with the Airweight Bodyguard I used to carry, the 442 with CTC lasergrips that’s the current pocket gun, the steel bodyguard practice gun, and the 43C understudy. I keep telling myself that I just haven’t found the magic practice regime/round count that translates to J frame snub awesomeness.
    But I’ve also got a 2 inch M10 that’s pretty easy to shoot. When does someone decide to quit and run a bigger snub?

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    ...the 43C understudy...

...But I’ve also got a 2 inch M10 that’s pretty easy to shoot. When does someone decide to quit and run a bigger snub?
    I've got a 2" model 10 on my belt right now and a .22 LCR in my pocket. Don't quit, augment!

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    This has been very much on my mind of late.

But I’ve also got a 2 inch M10 that’s pretty easy to shoot. When does someone decide to quit and run a bigger snub?
    Ive tried j frames twice and a det special about 15 years ago. The colt actually served me pretty well. I drew it a couple time in Hartford and New Haven in some pretty crummy spots. I primarily carried it aiwb in a galco horsehide holster that worked so so. The belt clip wasnt ideal.

I dont remember what I traded it for unfortunately.

The j frames were more recent. My ass and legs are just to big to pocket carry. I have a hard time with a 5 shot belt gun.

I have found that a k frame snub carried aiwb to be my best option. Very comfortable. Like I lounge at home and wrestle with my 2 year old with it. I can also shoot it as well as any other normal sized gun.

If I could pocket carry Id have a j frame at the very least as a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

I have found that a k frame snub carried aiwb to be my best option. Very comfortable. Like I lounge at home and wrestle with my 2 year old with it. I can also shoot it as well as any other normal sized gun.
    Not that it’s my business, but would you mind if I ask what your approximate height/weight is?

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Not that it’s my business, but would you mind if I ask what your approximate height/weight is?
    5'11 at a soft 220lbs right now.

User Tag List