Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $8 digital calipers

In first with the 'you Commies SOB's' trope.

Seriously, what you gonna do, most of the digitals are imported.

This is the listed accuracy for the one LL linked: Accuracy: ±0.05mm (roughly 0.001968504in.) So essentially + or - 0.002 accuracy.

Here's a digital with .001in accuracy and a NIST certificate for $57.99: https://www.travers.com/6-electronic.../p/57-016-075/ NIST Certificate of Calibration, meaning that the item was tested to be within its stated tolerance of accuracy

Affordable dial calipers generally have graduations of .001in and are accurate + or - 0.001, admittedly, they aren't as handy as the digital ones.
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 12-01-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post

This is the listed accuracy for the one LL linked: Accuracy: ±0.05mm (roughly 0.001968504in.) So essentially + or - 0.002 accuracy.

Here's a digital with .001in accuracy and a NIST certificate for $57.99: https://www.travers.com/6-electronic.../p/57-016-075/ NIST Certificate of Calibration, meaning that the item was tested to be within its stated tolerance of accuracy

Affordable dial calipers generally have graduations of .001in and are accurate + or - 0.001, admittedly, they aren't as handy as the digital ones.
    I prefer good dial calipers to the digitals, heck I still use 24 inch Vernier calipers almost daily at work. You should see the kids who are used to digitals try and figure those out.

My reloads are shooting sub .5 MOA using the cheap calipers
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My reloads are shooting sub .5 MOA using the cheap calipers
    Just think where you would be if you had a nice set, probably one-hole groups using ground up barbecue briquets as propellant.

Somehow, I'm thinking that the calipers aren't the defining instrument in that endeavor.

Just think where you would be if you had a nice set, probably one-hole groups using ground up barbecue briquets as propellant.

Somehow, I'm thinking that the calipers aren't the defining instrument in that endeavor.
    Maybe the rifle has something to with it?

Name:  2F6CFAA7-F385-4DCB-85A0-8A2346BDDBE9.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  78.0 KB
    #RESIST

Well, I'm glad you are able to admit that.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I got it.

The accuracy is to a hundredth of an inch. I have a dial caliper that's accurate to .001", which means that it's to about .0005".

It came with an extra battery, which is nice. I have a digital multimeter; I turn the batteries upside-down when I'm not using it, so the batteries last forever and tend not to leak. I'll do the same with this gizmo.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Received mine. I agree that the extra battery was nice and unexpected.

Thanks for sharing this one!

For $7 plus change, I'm impressed. Came in a day with Amazon Prime.

Since I dropped and dinged my Lyman non-electric dial calipers, these are pretty nice, and plenty precise for my needs (amateur gunsmithing).

Thanks for the notification, LL!
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List