Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nike, Coca-Cola, others reportedly lobbying against Uighur Chinese labor bill

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I'm sure Kaepernick will decline any further compensation from Nike until they come out against slavery abroad.
    He'll take a knee for them any day now, just wait. Just like the rest of the NBA.
    #RESIST

There's a little more at stake than just slave labor. The Uyghur are a persecuted religious minority, like the Rohinga, the Yazidi, or Iraqi Christians. China's isolation and mistreatment of them is ultimately driven by the core tenets of Maoist Communism -- break down religions and other tribalisms so that the people can unify behind the state. I think these corporations, rather than protecting the bottom line by shoring up a source of labor, are possibly engaging in a little woke capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The fact that the matter (of slavery / slave labor) is up for debate shows how little we have progressed as a species.
    To loosely quote Ed Calderon, “Did anyone notice that there were no lettuce or wine grape shortages during COVID? We live in a country that talks about reparations while actual human trafficking is still happening...”

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    There's a little more at stake than just slave labor. The Uyghur are a persecuted religious minority, like the Rohinga, the Yazidi, or Iraqi Christians. China's isolation and mistreatment of them is ultimately driven by the core tenets of Maoist Communism -- break down religions and other tribalisms so that the people can unify behind the state. I think these corporations, rather than protecting the bottom line by shoring up a source of labor, are possibly engaging in a little woke capitalism.
    I guess the German (and other nationality) Jews ought to thank Dupont for assisting with a solution to getting rid of those slaves whose labor was no longer required. Better living dying through chemistry.

#slaverywillsetyoufree
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    To loosely quote Ed Calderon, “Did anyone notice that there were no lettuce or wine grape shortages during COVID? We live in a country that talks about reparations while actual human trafficking is still happening...”
    Wait, so you're saying those weren't "free range" Mexicans?

(Yes, it's sarcasm. Yes, it's ugly at its core. My apologies.)

Who knew that talking a good game wasn't the same thing as actually just "doing it"?

We have a long way to go...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Is that from the Vigilance Elite podcast? I'm about halfway through it. Lots of information to digest.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Is that from the Vigilance Elite podcast? I'm about halfway through it. Lots of information to digest.
    Yeah. That was one of the better long-form podcasts of late. I think that Ed is at his best talking to a BTDT guy like Shawn about things that he’s seen in his life. Less branding, more meat, and the meat is pretty dense.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    It is. Ed is great, would love to talk to him one on one.

He’s still figuring things out, and sometimes lacks clarity, but overall he’s fantastic to listen to.

Yeah. That was one of the better long-form podcasts of late. I think that Ed is at his best talking to a BTDT guy like Shawn about things that he’s seen in his life. Less branding, more meat, and the meat is pretty dense.
    He seems more comfortable in this one than his two podcasts with Joe Rogan, like he knows the audience isn't going to be 50% half woke liberals with an axe to grind.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    They added at the end - “Don’t forget to support BLM and decry the horrific conditions of which the Trump administration subject brown immigrants to.”

User Tag List