Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SR15 or Radian Model 1

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    @Mike C: I won't be surprised if I had said something that made people confused but I don't remember issues with my SR30. I will look at my log when I am home, but can you remind me what I said?
    GJM did have legit issues and his had to go back pretty much after one mag. KAC acknowledged the rifle was defective
    It seems that I am mistaken and obviously mixed up the facts. I knew you purchased an SR30 and remember GJM posting he had issues. I thought you might have as well but confused you two. The last part of my post was supposed to say that I might have confused the two of you and it looks like it got garbled between fat thumbs and auto correct. Sorry about that. My mistake.
    Last edited by Mike C; 12-01-2020 at 04:45 PM.

No worries. Sometimes I forget things. GJM had issues with his right out of the bat, and then was told that he wasn't the first one in that batch so I was fully prepared for mine do the same. It didn't.

I have seen SR15 not run at least once that I remember. That said, with John Noveske passing and later PacNor burning down, if needed a high end AR, I'd do KAC.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I appreciate the responses. I certainly don’t “need” a high end AR. I just want one

The ambi lower of the Radian is really appealing. But I’m no high speed user that’s for sure.

Thanks again for all the responses so far. It’s useful to get the input from other users.

SR15 because resale, because proven tech, because the company will always be there, and because I am @Failure2Stop’s hero.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    SR15 because resale, because proven tech, because the company will always be there, and because I am @Failure2Stop’s hero.
    Based on the responses so far, I’m definitely seeing the passion for KAC

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    Based on the responses so far, I’m definitely seeing the passion for KAC
    I’m pretty fond of my SR30 upper. It’s never not been abused and it runs well, always suppressed.
    #RESIST

I'm a big KAC fanboi but another option to consider; Nordic is releasing a batch of NC-15's soon in 11.5" and 16". Semi-auto variants of the blasters they make for the United States Marshals Service Special Operations Group.

I could really go for a Triarc. But they’re harder to get than KAC.

The Radian and the KAC fulfill different niches. Radian is accuracy oriented; KAC is for high-round count. Work from there, I guess, and make a decision. The whole "KAC longevity" schtick I don't particularly buy; I've seen KAC reps on P&S recommend a full upper replacement at 20k rounds (IIRC, it dealt with throat erosion on the barrel and the difficulty of replacement of it without having to go back to KAC), while a Radian's life can be indefinitely extended as you keep buying non-proprietary parts. It's like the whole H&K vs. Glock issue; yeah, the KAC/H&K will probably last far longer if you had no access to any parts, but with how easy it is to find parts, a Radian/Glock is much more likely to be able to keep running for a longer amount of time.

Is it embarrassing to say that the only spare part I have for the SR15 upper is a bolt assembly? It lives in the compartment in the grip. I can't imagine much else failing and deadlining the upper

User Tag List