Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Score of the day

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    any luck with numrich?
    Looks like I'll have to settle for both the nose and rivet being blued. Used as a twist of the knife for the firing pin. Plan to shift a flashlight order to pair of noses and rivets and learn to love the pinto hammer assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    This revolver was just part of a package deal that I made today from a private seller.. You guys are going to hate me.. I also picked up the following

1. Browning A5, 12ga, looks to about a 28” bbl sadly, it also has one of those adjustable choke thingies that were popular in the 50’s and 60’s. Looking at serial number charts online, it appears that this was made in 1933, if I’m reading the charts right.. It’s in decent shape bore is bright and shiny, all numbered parts match. Looks like it’d be a good shooter.

2. Thompson-Center Contender, came with two 16” bbls one in .223, the other in .45 Colt/.410 its like new..

3. Norinco Model 320, Uzi clone, appears new in box, 16”bbl, thumb hole stock, in box with accessories, I’m thinking I’ll sell it.I bought all of this for less than $700
    Name:  I hate him.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  12.5 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    You'd have to ask OP. The -7 got its designation for a couple little tweaks irrelevant to the user and the drilled/tapped frame as a significant change. One year later, they dropped the square butt and streamlined to all round. So approximately one year's worth of dash sevens had square butts.
    Yup, that’s what I have here, RB, and drilling and tapped the frame under the rear sight, so you could mount a scope, or possibly a red dot..

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    M-15 is a blued “K” frame in .38 Special. As above this one is Rev -7 for improvements.
    The same basic gun as a M-19 without the .357 Mag chambers but just an overall nice package.

Kind of a cult classic wheelgun.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but this has the longer ejector than the M19? More like the M13, which is one of the reasons the FBI adopted the 13 over the 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but this has the longer ejector than the M19? More like the M13, which is one of the reasons the FBI adopted the 13 over the 19.
    The ejector length is the same across the models of the same barrel length.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    The ejector length is the same across the models of the same barrel length.
    A 4" M13 has the same length ejector as a 4" M19?

A 4" M13 has the same length ejector as a 4" M19?
    Yes. 3" and up all share the same length. 2.5" and less all use the same length.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Yes. 3" and up all share the same length. 2.5" and less all use the same length.
    Dang it... now I want a 4" M19.

Thanks for the info.

I believe the FBI selected the 3” M13 (and M65) partly because it has a longer ejector rod than the 2 3/4” M19/M66. They also chose a fixed sight gun because from what I’ve seen of the FBI an agent would be required to submit a memo if they wished to adjust the sights on an issue revolver. I don’t know if a separate memo would be required for a change of windage and elevation but I could foresee it bogging down the whole agency in short order.

Site Supporter
    Minor correction. The M19 available with a short barrel at the time the FBI adopted the 3" M-13 had a 2.5" barrel. The 2.75" K-frame Magnum is a more recent offering/option.

Dave

User Tag List