Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Score of the day

Be careful. It doesn’t have a key lock. 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Seventh major engineering revision of the Combat Masterpiece after going to the much less fun numbering scheme. A year after the -7 came up (drilled and tapped frame plus a couple small changes from the -6), the square butt was dropped to just make them round. Late in the -7 run, they started using MIM hammers and triggers.

And there is no embarrassment, keeping up with Smith's model numbers from various nomenclature changes is hard enough, let alone revision histories.
    Wait, what - that’s a RB?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Wait, what - that’s a RB?
    You'd have to ask OP. The -7 got its designation for a couple little tweaks irrelevant to the user and the drilled/tapped frame as a significant change. One year later, they dropped the square butt and streamlined to all round. So approximately one year's worth of dash sevens had square butts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    This revolver was just part of a package deal that I made today from a private seller.. You guys are going to hate me.. I also picked up the following

1. Browning A5, 12ga, looks to about a 28” bbl sadly, it also has one of those adjustable choke thingies that were popular in the 50’s and 60’s. Looking at serial number charts online, it appears that this was made in 1933, if I’m reading the charts right.. It’s in decent shape bore is bright and shiny, all numbered parts match. Looks like it’d be a good shooter.

2. Thompson-Center Contender, came with two 16” bbls one in .223, the other in .45 Colt/.410 its like new..

3. Norinco Model 320, Uzi clone, appears new in box, 16”bbl, thumb hole stock, in box with accessories, I’m thinking I’ll sell it.I bought all of this for less than $700
    I, too, would sell the Uzi clone and keep the rest.

You are a fortunate person in regards to this deal. Envy =/= hate.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I bought all of this for less than $700
    American dollars?!
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    American dollars?!
    Yup!

I do hate ralph, now. Hammer nose snapped off my model 67 during the morning's dryfire. A ways into the break was black with corrosion and fouling so it's been cracked for God only knows how long.

Not happy that my stainless Combat Masterpiece is down until I can score a new firing pin and flare pin or entire new hammer. The 15-7 in the OP should get shot a bit extra this week to make up for its downed peer.

I do hate ralph, now. Hammer nose snapped off my model 67 during the morning's dryfire. A ways into the break was black with corrosion and fouling so it's been cracked for God only knows how long.

Not happy that my stainless Combat Masterpiece is down until I can score a new firing pin and flare pin or entire new hammer. The 15-7 in the OP should get shot a bit extra this week to make up for its downed peer.
    I’ll see what I can do..But, I’m not making any promises..it’s freezing outside, and snowing... On the bright side, I just got back from dumping off the Uzi clone for a nice profit..

any luck with numrich?

Ugh, ive already ordered from numerichs twice this week. Now I feel i should order some spares

User Tag List