Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Score of the day

Score of the day

I’ll just leave this here.. Model 15-7, I had the Ahrends grips lying around, looks like they found a new home..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Any plans for fitting leather? That thing is begging to be carried along.

Very nice. I’m always on the lookout for one of those or a Dayton Special to fulfill my 4” K frame needs.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    That is a thing of beauty.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I I need a primer of wheeelgun model number nomenclature.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

I'm embarrassed to admit that I I need a primer of wheeelgun model number nomenclature.
    Seventh major engineering revision of the Combat Masterpiece after going to the much less fun numbering scheme. A year after the -7 came up (drilled and tapped frame plus a couple small changes from the -6), the square butt was dropped to just make them round. Late in the -7 run, they started using MIM hammers and triggers.

And there is no embarrassment, keeping up with Smith's model numbers from various nomenclature changes is hard enough, let alone revision histories.

Also...

It's a .38 Special.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

M-15 is a blued “K” frame in .38 Special. As above this one is Rev -7 for improvements.
    The same basic gun as a M-19 without the .357 Mag chambers but just an overall nice package.

Kind of a cult classic wheelgun.

This revolver was just part of a package deal that I made today from a private seller.. You guys are going to hate me.. I also picked up the following

1. Browning A5, 12ga, looks to about a 28” bbl sadly, it also has one of those adjustable choke thingies that were popular in the 50’s and 60’s. Looking at serial number charts online, it appears that this was made in 1933, if I’m reading the charts right.. It’s in decent shape bore is bright and shiny, all numbered parts match. Looks like it’d be a good shooter.

2. Thompson-Center Contender, came with two 16” bbls one in .223, the other in .45 Colt/.410 its like new..

3. Norinco Model 320, Uzi clone, appears new in box, 16”bbl, thumb hole stock, in box with accessories, I’m thinking I’ll sell it.I bought all of this for less than $700

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I bought all of this for less than $700
    You’re right, we hate you. 🤣
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

I bought a kindle copy of the Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson a few years ago. A great reference book and not expensive as a kindle book. Also handy for pulling stuff up right in the gun shop.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List