Thread: I know, just leave the gun stock but that's not fun.

I know, just leave the gun stock but that's not fun.

I wanted to add an extended magazine release to the Mark IV 22/45 Lite but when taking the trigger retaining spring out I broke my frame. I sent it back to Ruger for repair. Since I had a VQ Accurizing Kit installed I had to take all the parts out. Ruger will replace non factory parts with OEMs charge for the replacements and not return the upgraded parts. When talking to the Customer Service Rep she told me to just send in the frame without the OEM parts installed.

Ruger sent me a new frame complete with internals. No Charge! Great customer support.

Getting it back I wanted to put the VQ Accurizing kit back in and the Extended Magazine Release. This time it was a breeze for the release but the Accurizing Kit gave me fits.

I've done about a dozen kits in the past and normally it takes me 15 minutes install. Today it took me 4 hours. I got the kit in fast but couldn't get the gun to dry fire correctly more that 4 times. No matter what I did it just wouldn't work until someone on another web sight gave me a hint. The Trigger Spring Plunger would not work with my Tandemkross Victory Trigger.

I did two things to finally make it work. I replaced the TK trigger with the stock trigger and replaced the trigger plunger spring with the OEM as well. Voila...everything now works fine. Now I can use either frame with the Volquartsen LLV 6 inch upper when I want.

I have a new Volquartsen trigger coming soon so I can adjust the pre and overtravel for a better, lighter pull.

Site Supporter
    Glad to hear that you got it back together.
    I have been looking at the TK trigger for the Kel-Tec CP33 that I have.
    The stock trigger is okay, but an over-travel stop would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Glad to hear that you got it back together.
    I have been looking at the TK trigger for the Kel-Tec CP33 that I have.
    The stock trigger is okay, but an over-travel stop would be nice.

I like the TK trigger. I guess I'll try it again with the new spring and see if it still works. But for now I'm waiting on a VQ trigger.

@AzShooter, I’m afraid I might have to put you on your ignore. Every time I open one of your threads I’m tempted to spend my 1911 fund on more MkIVs and all the goodies that go along with them.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List