Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mother Shot by Thug at Funeral of Son Shot by Police.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Yup, USA Today 3 hours ago:
    The initial investigation suggests the shot was an accidental discharge from a gun carried by a 16-year-old attending the service, according to WKMG News 6, citing the Brevard County Sheriff's Office. The sheriff's office said the bullet penetrated the 16-year-old's leg and then struck Quasheda Pierce, WKMG reported.
    How unfortunate for that ute. But that'd be an ND, no?

Haven't been over to Cocoa for a whle; the "Space Coast" is not exactly my favorite part of Florida. I mean it's not like say cracktown near E. Sunrise Blvd in Ft Lauderdale. I would not even get off I-95 at that exit. It's like driving into Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Yup, USA Today 3 hours ago:
    The initial investigation suggests the shot was an accidental discharge from a gun carried by a 16-year-old attending the service, according to WKMG News 6, citing the Brevard County Sheriff's Office. The sheriff's office said the bullet penetrated the 16-year-old's leg and then struck Quasheda Pierce, WKMG reported.
    We should make it illegal for people under the age of 18 to conceal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    This just keeps getting further and further into the 'Can't make this shit up' zone.
    how are the Babylon Bee and Onion still in business?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Side bar: I've never understood this fascination with ND vs AD. "Negligent" and "Accidental" describe different aspects and most of these usually fit both.

Accidental: happening by chance, unintentionally, or unexpectedly.
    Negligent: failing to take proper care in doing something.

Firing into your own leg and then into a bystander was most like unintentional, unexpected, and done while failing to take proper care. Unless it was a P320 and he sneezed real hard or something. *ducks*

When I investigated those sorts of things, I standardized on UD, or Unintended Discharge, just to eliminate the semantic argument and to let the facts of the case speak to if they were negligent or not.

Carry on.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Side bar: I've never understood this fascination with ND vs AD. "Negligent" and "Accidental" describe different aspects and most of these usually fit both.

Accidental: happening by chance, unintentionally, or unexpectedly.
    Negligent: failing to take proper care in doing something.

Firing into your own leg and then into a bystander was most like unintentional, unexpected, and done while failing to take proper care. Unless it was a P320 and he sneezed real hard or something. *ducks*

When I investigated those sorts of things, I standardized on UD, or Unintended Discharge, just to eliminate the semantic argument and to let the facts of the case speak to if they were negligent or not.

Carry on.
    What's the difference between a Grammar Nazi and a Syntax Nazi? Is it like SS vs. SD? Or SA?
    Last edited by feudist; 11-30-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    What's the difference between a Grammar Nazi and a Syntax Nazi? Is it like SS vs. SD?
    Amusing.

*checks to confirm this thread is in GD*

Well, the SD *was* an arm of the SS, IIRC, so maybe a Syntax Nazi only points out errors in certain parts of speech, whereas a Grammar Nazi is free to roam around and criticize the whole shebang?

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    No seriously, who's making this shit up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    The writers of The Shield
    Especially with the news it was the result of a ND/AD/UD. That extra layer of WTF was right up their alley.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    What's the difference between a Grammar Nazi and a Syntax Nazi? Is it like SS vs. SD? Or SA?
    Does it really matter? It’s well known both groups are anti-Semantics...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Especially with the news it was the result of a ND/AD/UD. That extra layer of WTF was right up their alley.

Does it really matter? It’s well known both groups are anti-Semantics...

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Haven't been over to Cocoa for a whle; the "Space Coast" is not exactly my favorite part of Florida. I mean it's not like say cracktown near E. Sunrise Blvd in Ft Lauderdale. I would not even get off I-95 at that exit. It's like driving into Detroit.
    Jeez really? That's kind of sad.

Granted my interest in the region begins and ends with Barbara Eden. But what I lack in variety, I make up for in dedication.

(yes, I know it wasn't shot there)
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post

(yes, I know it wasn't shot there)
    Sincere’s momma was though.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List