Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JM AIWB High-Ride Mag Pouch - DCC Clip or Monoblock?

Need clarification...

Can you guys post some pictures of how your running the “high ride”
    I’m trying to wrap my head around how deep it sits and at what angles
    it can be adjusted to.

I’m just not “getting it”

Sorry and thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbean View Post
    Can you guys post some pictures of how your running the “high ride”
    I’m trying to wrap my head around how deep it sits and at what angles it can be adjusted to.

Well, there are a lotta options so there is room for confusion, I have two of them I set up differently:

Name:  HighRide.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  31.3 KB

The one on the right is the one I use the most, mostly when I am doing things like drills with my buddies when I will be frequently reloading, including while being timed.

The one on the left is one I setup with the DCC clip so I can grab it and go, and it is set lower so it doesn't poke me in the gut while sitting in the car, and obviously would sacrifice some speed (actually the higher one doesn't poke me in the gut, but it pokes out away from my gut enough that I frequently bump into it moving my arm around). It still has the stop in the bottom so it could be even lower, I have thought about getting an extended baseplate and then sinking the mag all the way down into the pouch. Also notice that the DCC clip is adjusted to sit the whole pouch lower behind the belt.

Maybe what would be best might be to put a DCC clip on the one with the PTD loops, sitting it just a little lower.

Hope this helps!

ETA: Here is a pic that better shows how much lower the DCC clip really sits:

Name:  ETA.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  28.5 KB

Now that I look at this I might be more inclined to do another DCC clip on the higher one...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 05-05-2021 at 08:20 AM.

I have mine set to ride pretty high, but that's the beauty of the design - height of the mag in the carrier is adjustable, and if you're using a DCC clip, so is the height of the carrier itself relative to your belt. These photos are what I happened to have taken already to post in other threads. You can tell the mag is actually set differently in each - the picture of it on me is from after I moved it one setting lower, and I've since moved it back up again while leaving the clip where it was (by using a third screw under the DCC clip).
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List