Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun OWB Holster for Glock 19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Gotcha. I don’t see a Eclipse for the G48 anyway, rats.

Be nice if I could find just the IWB Kit B/T sells and attach it to a Perun...but can’t seem to find that kit separately...
    probably a call them type thing.

Be nice if I could find just the IWB Kit B/T sells and attach it to a Perun...but can’t seem to find that kit separately...
    There are several places that sell belt clips and attachments. I googled holster maker and found some. I've bought some stuff from one of them but don't remember which one.

Site Supporter
    Blade tech sells that kit separately. I have a couple of them. You might have to reach out to their customer service and just let me know you need an IWB kit for your eclipse. Tell them you lost the IWB kit you had or something like that. It seems they don't have them on the website again, so I am not sure when it was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    probably a call them type thing.
    I contacted B/T about selling the IWB conversion kits separately, will post back if I hear anything.

Got one on the way. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Buy it, love mine.
    Is a 1/4” thick leather belt going to work with this holster?

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I’m looking at the Raven Concealment Systems Perun OWB Holster Glock 19. Good to go? Anybody using one? Just wondering since some of the others like Vedder, JK and etc are running $70+ and these are $40
    With or without a light?

Here are my original thoughts on one using a Glock 19 and a TLR-7 light:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....run#post789647

However, after seeing what happens with the holsters, during defensive tactics training, I would update that opinion, and say the retention is not adequate. The guns can, and often do, come out of those holsters during "fights." Not someone grabbing the gun, just coming out while two people are fighting.

However, it's a problem with every concealed carry holster I've tried with a light (and many for use with just a pistol). Designs that work great when used where the holster is designed to hold onto the front of the trigger gun, often work terribly when trying to hold onto the various lights out there.

I'm surprised with the advent of small lights, intended for use on concealed firearms (XC-1, TLR-6, TLR-7), rather than duty guns in duty rigs, with lights not originally designed for concealed carry (X200/300, TLR-1), that the light designers didn't get around to creating a notch near the bezel, that would give holster makers a place to have the light clip into securely. It's generally not a problem with large duty rigs, that have real retention devices, as they can be made to secure the light in different ways, such as holding onto the slide at the ejection port (ie, Safariland ALS). It's a huge problem with concealed carry holsters.

However, I will add, most people who haven't trained fighting with a gun in their holster, or actually had to do it in the real world, often keep their guns holsters that are way too "loose" for serious use. So I suppose holster makers, and light makers, don't have a huge incentive to fix the problem, as people are too willing to accept holsters that aren't adequate for holding onto the gun during a violent fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    With or without a light?

Here are my original thoughts on one using a Glock 19 and a TLR-7 light:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....run#post789647

However, after seeing what happens with the holsters, during defensive tactics training, I would update that opinion, and say the retention is not adequate. The guns can, and often do, come out of those holsters during "fights." Not someone grabbing the gun, just coming out while two people are fighting.

However, it's a problem with every concealed carry holster I've tried with a light (and many for use with just a pistol). Designs that work great when used where the holster is designed to hold onto the front of the trigger gun, often work terribly when trying to hold onto the various lights out there.

I'm surprised with the advent of small lights, intended for use on concealed firearms (XC-1, TLR-6, TLR-7), rather than duty guns in duty rigs, with lights not originally designed for concealed carry (X200/300, TLR-1), that the light designers didn't get around to creating a notch near the bezel, that would give holster makers a place to have the light clip into securely. It's generally not a problem with large duty rigs, that have real retention devices, as they can be made to secure the light in different ways, such as holding onto the slide at the ejection port (ie, Safariland ALS). It's a huge problem with concealed carry holsters.

However, I will add, most people who haven't trained fighting with a gun in their holster, or actually had to do it in the real world, often keep their guns holsters that are way too "loose" for serious use. So I suppose holster makers, and light makers, don't have a huge incentive to fix the problem, as people are too willing to accept holsters that aren't adequate for holding onto the gun during a violent fight.
    Without a light.

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Is a 1/4” thick leather belt going to work with this holster?
    FWIW: I carried a G19 in a RCS Perun on a Mitch Rosen Express belt for maybe 18 months. That belt (I still have it, just not the Perun) thickness measures approximately 0.240"-0.245". I think you are gtg with a 1/4" belt.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    The late Paul Gomez - Paraphrasing - "The advantage of kydex is it's fast. The disadvantage of kydex is it's fast, once the gun starts moving, it keeps moving. Leather is much more forgiving."

at the 4:45 mark

Edit to add: With a mounted light, I'd probably use a retention holster.

User Tag List