Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xmas Present to Myself-MGW Sight Tool?

Site Supporter

Xmas Present to Myself-MGW Sight Tool?

I am thinking this is it as I have a number of Glocks that have night sights@ 10yrs plus such that replacements are on the horizon.

The MGW 309 seems to be the gold standard for angled sided sights.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007109821

Anything better?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I can’t tell you how it compares to anything other than a brass punch and a hammer, but I absolutely love mine. Being able to fine tune the zero at the range is fantastic.

The big thing to know about any sight tool is they will not break loose sights that are stuck or seized into place.

You still need a punch, vise and BFH for those.

For adjusting sights, they're great.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

This is definitely worth it for Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I am thinking this is it as I have a number of Glocks that have night sights@ 10yrs plus such that replacements are on the horizon.

Anything better?
    I’ll bet we could find a coupon at Brownells that beats that deal. I had a good day finding a coupon for a scope already on sale there
    #RESIST

I had a pair of those when I was still a Glock shooter (one angled, one flat-sided). Eventually moved on to the MGW Sight Pro. Yeah, it's three times the price, but with replaceable shoes, it will do a ton of different pistols. Very useful if you want to be able to work on different guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I had a pair of those when I was still a Glock shooter (one angled, one flat-sided). Eventually moved on to the MGW Sight Pro. Yeah, it's three times the price, but with replaceable shoes, it will do a ton of different pistols. Very useful if you want to be able to work on different guns.
    I bought the Rangemaster model so I could use it on a variety of pistols assuming the shoes are available

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    This is my recommendation as well. Being able to change the sights on multiple types of guns - including not only rear sights but also front dovetail sights - will eventually pay for itself, unless you do not and will not ever own anything other than Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

Anything better?
    Not sure about better but the one I have is a godsend. It's nice for mounting sights and getting a zero is a LOT easier and you shoot a lot less ammo.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I just noticed that the tool in the original post is for angled sights only. So, if you select sights with vertical sides, you will have to buy a new tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List