Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Red dot screw part numbers and ordering info

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I wish I could give you a good answer but I haven’t found any. I ended up ordering a set of screws from Sig just in case. The only P320ish pistol I have is an M17 and it’s a training/loaner gun with a DPP on it. I ordered the screws in case I have a student that needs a loose optic re-mounted. Thankfully Sig does a good job mounting their optics.
    Thanks for letting me know. A couple of guys at my office just left the agency and I want to pull the optics off the duty guns they turned in before I send the guns back to the national armory. I would prefer to have new screws to mount them later. I’ve read it’s less of a worry that the old screws would snap if reused because of their size compared to other brands’ mounting screws. Is that correct?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Holosun 509 battery tray screw replacements

I can confirm that the following screws fit the Holosun 509T X2 battery tray:
    McMaster Carr 91294A002
    Black-Oxide Alloy SteelHex Drive Flat Head Screw, 90 Degree Countersink Angle, M2 x 0.40
    Socket: 0.050” hex

@RJ, thoughts about adding battery tray screw info to your Quick Reference Cards?

As well, I can confirm that the Holosun EPS uses a larger screw for the battery tray, but do not have the dimensions. Anyone know what McMaster part fits the EPS?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I want to get some extra screws from McMaster to mount a Holosun 507C X2 to a Glock MOS plate. After reading through this thread it seems there have been a few different recommendations with some having issues with the angle of the screw head on the McMaster screws. What's the latest consensus on the correct screw to use for the Holosun?

Has anyone found quality screws compatible with the Holosun SCS MOS?

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    Has anyone found quality screws compatible with the Holosun SCS MOS?
    If I remember correctly the SCS MOS uses the same M3 screws as the MOS plate (6mm), so the McMaster-Carr screws that are recommended for the MOS plates should work. I don’t know about most of the newer versions for other pistols but I know the S&W M&P version uses what appears to be proprietary screws.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    I want to get some extra screws from McMaster to mount a Holosun 507C X2 to a Glock MOS plate. After reading through this thread it seems there have been a few different recommendations with some having issues with the angle of the screw head on the McMaster screws. What's the latest consensus on the correct screw to use for the Holosun?
    I would recommend the McMaster-Carr zinc-plated steel screws that are 6-32x5/16” or the Holosun factory (short) screws. I have several of both but I do most of my mounting with the McMaster screws. I would prefer the stainless or alloy steel screws, but the head diameter is too wide for the Holosun countersinks/optic body. That’s why I ended up with the zinc-plated screws. I feel that as long as the screw stays tight (through proper mounting procedures), the screws strength is less important. If it comes loose, a stronger screw will give more wiggle-room before it dies completely.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I would recommend the McMaster-Carr zinc-plated steel screws that are 6-32x5/16” or the Holosun factory (short) screws. I have several of both but I do most of my mounting with the McMaster screws. I would prefer the stainless or alloy steel screws, but the head diameter is too wide for the Holosun countersinks/optic body. That’s why I ended up with the zinc-plated screws. I feel that as long as the screw stays tight (through proper mounting procedures), the screws strength is less important. If it comes loose, a stronger screw will give more wiggle-room before it dies completely.
    Thanks! Is the head diameter issue with the alloy steel screws just cosmetic (i.e. they just stick out on top a little), or does the head being too wide prevent it from securing the optic properly? I think I'd prefer the stronger screws if the issue is mostly cosmetic.

It prevents the screw from fully seating in the countersink. It is less of an issue with the aluminum models (407/507) but frequently caused problems with the titanium 508Ts.

I now use the smaller diameter heads for all of them because between screw strength and a good mount you want a good mount every time.

I need screws for a SIG Romeo1 Pro

I bought a SIG P226 slide with an already mounted SIG Romeo1 Pro red dot on it from RTG. It came without the steel Shroud that SIG makes for it and the Romeo 1. I went and got the Shroud. The screws that came with the shroud don't fit the Romeo1 Pro, they fit the Romeo 1. Very odd. Questions and answers on the website I bought the shroud from say the screws for the Romeo 1 Pro are:

M4 x 0.7 thread pitch x 8.5 mm shaft length high-strength alloy screws (12.5 mm overall length (Torx head)

Can someone tell me which McMasterCarr part number is what I need as a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
    I bought a SIG P226 slide with an already mounted SIG Romeo1 Pro red dot on it from RTG. It came without the steel Shroud that SIG makes for it and the Romeo 1. I went and got the Shroud. The screws that came with the shroud don't fit the Romeo1 Pro, they fit the Romeo 1. Very odd. Questions and answers on the website I bought the shroud from say the screws for the Romeo 1 Pro are:

M4 x 0.7 thread pitch x 8.5 mm shaft length high-strength alloy screws (12.5 mm overall length (Torx head)

Can someone tell me which McMasterCarr part number is what I need as a replacement?
    They (McMaster's suppliers) don't make one as far as I can tell. I bought an extra set (I don't even use those screws... just to have in case someone needs them) from Sig. Do the old screws for your R1P optic not work?

User Tag List