Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot screw part numbers and ordering info

Red dot screw part numbers and ordering info

SoCalDep and rca90gsx via pm provided me excellent information on screws, and my upcoming New Year’s resolution is to regularly replace optic screws. One thing that held me back is paying $10 or $15 for two screws, and not having a bunch of them around. I thought it might be helpful to post up the exact part number for common installations and a link where screws can be ordered in bulk.

Per SoCal Dep, the link for the CORE SRO/RMR/Holosun 6-32 1/2 long Torx screws is 94414A148 and they are $9.28 per 50 at McMaster.com. I believe these should work with the OEM and C&H plates.

It would be great if we could populate a list in this thread, like below:

CORE SRO/RMR/Holosun C&H plate 6-32 by 1/2 long, Torx 15 part number at McMaster.com — 94414A148

Anyone have the info for direct milled and MOS Glock installations?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Here are the screws I use which are available from McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com):

6-32 x 3/8” (RMR – MOS Plate) - Part # 94414A146
    6-32 x ½” (RMR/Holo – S&W CORE) - Part #94414A148
    6-32 x 5/16” (Holosun – MOS Plate) - Part #94414A341
    M3 x 0.50mm x 6mm (MOS Plate – MOS Slide) - Part #94414A712

These are black oxide finished alloy steel. If you live/work in an area where rust is a big issue then search for the same dimension screws in stainless on their web site and you'll be good.

Make sure all surfaces (threads in plates, slide, etc.) and screws are degreased and use decent thread locker. I prefer Loctite 248 but have had success with Vibratite when applied EXACTLY as recommended by C&H Precision.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Here are the screws I use which are available from McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com):

6-32 x 3/8” (RMR – MOS Plate) - Part # 94414A146
    6-32 x ½” (RMR/Holo – S&W CORE) - Part #94414A148
    6-32 x 5/16” (Holosun – MOS Plate) - Part #94414A341
    M3 x 0.50mm x 6mm (MOS Plate – MOS Slide) - Part #94414A712

These are black oxide finished alloy steel. If you live/work in an area where rust is a big issue then search for the same dimension screws in stainless on their web site and you'll be good.

Make sure all surfaces (threads in plates, slide, etc.) and screws are degreased and use decent thread locker. I prefer Loctite 248 but have had success with Vibratite when applied EXACTLY as recommended by C&H Precision.
    Awesome add!

Screws are a really important part of the mounting equation, and having the proper size, Torx head, and replacements are a key to keeping the dot secure. Let’s fill in some more part numbers for different applications and get this stickied!

Site Supporter
    I bought this kit a while ago
    https://chpws.com/product/red-dot-torque-kit
    Seems to work pretty good

I have used these #4-40 pitch 5/16" length screws for

LTT RDO + Holosun (507/407c & 508T)
    Glock direct milled by CHPWS with Zev Posts + Holosun (507/407c & 508T)

Part # 94414A322
    https://www.mcmaster.com/94414A322/

Site Supporter
    Slight thread drift. I need some 6-48 screws to mount a 20 MOA rail to a Bergara HMR (Remington SA mount). Anyone got the part number for those? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I bought this kit a while ago
    https://chpws.com/product/red-dot-torque-kit
    Seems to work pretty good
    That's a great kit, especially if you're exclusively using the C&H Precision plates. If you're using other plates and other torque specs then an adjustable wrench might be better. I have a couple Wheeler FAT wrenches and they're alright, especially if on a budjet. The Capri CP21075 is a nice 1lb increment adjustable torque wrench and the Vortex version is simply a re-branded Capri at a cheaper price, especially if you have a law enforcement discount like expertvoice.

I'm probably going to pick up a Fix it Sticks set (like what is included with the C&H set) just to try them out because they'd be cool for a really compact kit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Slight thread drift. I need some 6-48 screws to mount a 20 MOA rail to a Bergara HMR (Remington SA mount). Anyone got the part number for those? Thanks
    Take a look at mcmaster.com... there's a good chance they'll have what you're looking for.

Once we get all the info into this thread, I will organize it or start a new one so we keep the info handy as a resource.

I am thinking Torx 15 is ideal, but is there an argument for something else?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Once we get all the info into this thread, I will organize it or start a new one so we keep the info handy as a resource.

I am thinking Torx 15 is ideal, but is there an argument for something else?
    I would agree with 15 being ideal. It appears that for certain thread pitches, like 4-40 for example, that is not an option. Likely due to the smaller size of the thread and screw head.

User Tag List