Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot screw part numbers and ordering info

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    So Maple Leaf specifies 6-32 x 0.4" for their RMR screws.... does mcmaster carr make anything in that size? or should I just get 1/2" and file down the extra 0.1"?

The 507K comes with M4 X .7 Torx with a .250” (6.35mm) diameter head but it’s 12mm long. Anything with a bigger head diameter binds on the sides of the sight and anything longer than 10mm binds the extractor spring. Does anyone know where I can find an M4 X .7 x 10mm with a 6.35 mm head diameter in black oxide with a torx head or whatever the inch equivalent is? I have checked all the usual suspects and cannot find it. Grinding the Holosun screws works but I’d rather not and I like replacing screws with the batteries so I need extra.

I just got an HK VP9 and Holosun 507K X2 and after reading this thread I ordered Loctite 248 and McMaster-Carr 94414A146 and 94414A148 which I got today. Shout out to them for super fast shipping. I ordered on 09/23 at 6am and they were delivered the next day.

GJM and others mentioned that these are Torx screws but I just wanted to say that they're actually Torx-Plus so I also ordered a Torx-Plus IP15 from them (turns out to be Wiha brand) and picked up a couple of Felo brand T15 and IP15 bits from KC Tool as extras.

The thread size for the HK optic plates are supposed to be 6-32 but the factory screw as well as the new McMaster-Carr 6-32 screws are still a little sloppy.

Let me know if these resolutions are too large.

The factory screw stripped while I was trying to torque to 15 in-lb. I didn't even bother trying the other one and ordered replacements yesterday.

Here's the new McMaster-Carr 6-32 after torquing down one time without Loctite 248. I just put in a new set of screws with Loctite 248 and am waiting >24 hours to shoot with it.

The Felo bits looks like they've been grinded down after production while the Wiha looks like it was formed that way. Any tool people want to comment?

Extra T Nuts

Could I ask for some assistance? I am looking for replacement T Nuts like the ones used in CHPWS and LTT RDO plates. I haven't had a response from CHPWS, who's website says they produce them in house now due to QC issues from their last source. Does anyone know a reliable source for replacement T Nuts? I would like to replace the T Nuts whenever possible when remounting optics. Thanks.

Is it correct that these will work for mounting a SRO? (assuming shortened to fit)
    Camcar - #6–32 UNC Torx Plus 82° Flat Socket Cap Screw – Alloy Steel, Black Oxide, Fully Threaded, 1/2"
    https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/60502069

@GJM, what are you using?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Is it correct that these will work for mounting a SRO? (assuming shortened to fit)
    Camcar - #6–32 UNC Torx Plus 82° Flat Socket Cap Screw – Alloy Steel, Black Oxide, Fully Threaded, 1/2"
    https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/60502069

@GJM, what are you using?
    Just to clarify, what optic, what pistol, and what plate are we talking about?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just to clarify, what optic, what pistol, and what plate are we talking about?
    SRO. This one is on a CZC plate. But I have another one coming for direct mount to a RMR/SRO footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    SRO. This one is on a CZC plate. But I have another one coming for direct mount to a RMR/SRO footprint.
    Not sure, although I bet Stuart at CZ Custom will know what their plate requires.

Without info, I would see what screw matches that thread and then stick the screw through the optic and see how much engagement you will have. If too long you can pinch things that compromise function on some installations.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure, although I bet Stuart at CZ Custom will know what their plate requires.

Without info, I would see what screw matches that thread and then stick the screw through the optic and see how much engagement you will have. If too long you can pinch things that compromise function on some installations.
    It's not the length I'm trying to match. The CZC screws are a custom length, so I'm going to have to trim no matter what.

I want to buy a bunch of screws that have a head with the best fit to the SRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    Could I ask for some assistance? I am looking for replacement T Nuts like the ones used in CHPWS and LTT RDO plates. I haven't had a response from CHPWS, who's website says they produce them in house now due to QC issues from their last source. Does anyone know a reliable source for replacement T Nuts? I would like to replace the T Nuts whenever possible when remounting optics. Thanks.
    If you aren't getting answer, email:

buck@chpws.com

User Tag List