Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot screw part numbers and ordering info

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I think they are 0.5 thread. Would A286 stainless be inappropriate? I found these on McMaster, although they are showing about $6/screw: https://www.mcmaster.com/94331A102/
    Oh I bought two of those as well for my C&H 509t MOS plate and they don’t fit. The head diameter is too big.

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    Oh I bought two of those as well for my C&H 509t MOS plate and they don’t fit. The head diameter is too big.
    Good to know as mine is a 320/R1P to 509T plate and concerning, given the standard head diameter for this style/size screw appears to be in the area of 6.4mm (the stainless) to 6.7mm (black oxide). Oh C&H how I rue the day...
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I think they are 0.5 thread. Would A286 stainless be inappropriate? I found these on McMaster, although they are showing about $6/screw: https://www.mcmaster.com/94331A102/
    17-4PH is a lot stronger than A286- factor of about 2X. A286 is better than 17-4 at temperatures that would vaporize the frame on any polymer pistol, but isn’t the best choice for optics mounting.

Now, whether that difference is “enough to make a difference”, I don’t know.

FCD OPF-G, RMR & G17.4

FWIW: Glock 17 Gen4 MOS. Forward Controls Design OPF-G, RMR plate. Trijicon RMR Type 2 RM06.

McMaster-Carr

94414A146 - Black-Oxide Alloy Steel Torx Flat Head Screws, 6-32 Thread Size, 3/8" Long, Packs of 50 ($9.12/pack) *Sight-to-plate screw for FCD OPF-G, RMR plate.

91294A126 - Black-Oxide Alloy Steel Hex Drive Flat Head Screw, 90 Degree Countersink Angle, M3 x 0.50 mm Thread, 6 mm Long, Packs of 100 (4.52/pack) *OPF-G, RMR plate-to-slide screw (same screw used for Glock MOS plates).

75145A68 - Reusable Threadlocker, Vibra-Tite Vc-3, 0.17 oz. Tube

Other useful information concerning FCD’s OPF-G, RMR plate:
    Plate to slide torque value: 13in/lb
    Sight to plate torque value: 13in/lb
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

CZ Shadow2 +CZC slide cut +MRO plate screw size?

Does anyone know the proper MRO screw size for a CZ Shadow2 with CZC slide cut and adaptor plate?

(WTF? Why would CZC not include shorter screws with the plate?)
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Does anyone know the proper MRO screw size for a CZ Shadow2 with CZC slide cut and adaptor plate?

YVK has that set up and will know.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Dont remember off the top exactly but I am almost nearly certain that those are standard RMR /SRO screws. And yes, CZC should include screws.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Dont remember off the top exactly but I am almost nearly certain that those are standard RMR /SRO screws. And yes, CZC should include screws.
    Unfortunately not standard SRO screws (which came with the optic). I guess I'll cut them short with a dremel...

(Getting the CZC plate for Sig Romeo off was a PIA. It took Kroil, and a torch to loosen the screws, but I guess that's a good thing so it didn't come loose during firing.)

Unfortunately not standard SRO screws (which came with the optic). I guess I'll cut them short with a dremel...

(Getting the CZC plate for Sig Romeo off was a PIA. It took Kroil, and a torch to loosen the screws, but I guess that's a good thing so it didn't come loose during firing.)
    My recollection is they need to be shortened. What I don’t recall is the exact dimension and what McMaster is available in the correct length.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My recollection is they need to be shortened. What I don’t recall is the exact dimension and what McMaster is available in the correct length.
    I just shortened them. I hate fiddly aftermarket parts.

User Tag List