Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modlite Pistol Mounted Body

Modlite Pistol Mounted Body

I’ve not seen it mentioned here. Modlite is introducing a pistol mounted body that takes a 18350 and the current OKW or PHL v2 heads.

Will fit duty surefire holsters. PHLster will have a floodlight for it to release at the same time. I assume DSG, JM, and others will too.

I’m super impressed with my OKW lightsaber hand held and rifle mounted versions...

Modlite is working with us.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Found this on the Interwebs:

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Name:  tumblr_nnjufw2vwo1rp7rs1o1_1280.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  28.4 KB
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

I was, really was excited ... until I learned there's no remote switch (think DG or, better, an SL switch).

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I was, really was excited ... until I learned there's no remote switch (think DG or, better, an SL switch).
    Yep - I love a lot of the features of the light and I’ll get one to mess around with, but it won’t kill off my current choices and recommendations without a pressure switch option.

Hey though... they do like them some switches on rifles - maybe that enthusiasm will influence development in the future.

How is modlite so far ahead of everyone else in terms of output? Black Magic? I love their going to rechargeable batteries in a fighting light. It's about time someone stopped tying us to disposables.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    How is modlite so far ahead of everyone else in terms of output? Black Magic? I love their going to rechargeable batteries in a fighting light. It's about time someone stopped tying us to disposables.
    No personal experience with them, but from the beam comparisons I’ve seen online and what I’ve heard from others it seems pretty close to black magic. The OKW specifically is pushing something like 69,000 candela, I’m not sure what the x300 is pushing but it’s definitely less than that.

And absolutely. The rechargeable 18350 in this and the same or 18650 in the handhelds is a pretty awesome feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    No personal experience with them, but from the beam comparisons I’ve seen online and what I’ve heard from others it seems pretty close to black magic. The OKW specifically is pushing something like 69,000 candela, I’m not sure what the x300 is pushing but it’s definitely less than that.
    The X300Us are at 11300 candela. Just remember that the 18350 bodies only have about a 30 minute run-time with the heads, versus the 1.25 hours that SureFire claims for their X300U.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    The X300Us are at 11300 candela. Just remember that the 18350 bodies only have about a 30 minute run-time with the heads, versus the 1.25 hours that SureFire claims for their X300U.
    P&S did a light comparison that included both the x300 and the OKW, as I recall the OKW there a focused beam further and did better with photonic barriers. How much barrier penetration you need vs how much run time you need is just going to depend.

Also, the PLH V2 is probably a better comparison to the x300. That’s something like 1350 lumens and 54,000 candela. Same run time though.

User Tag List