Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 32 Long Wadcutters

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    No worries...I got to make a fun reusable Meme from it. Beats grumping.
    Even though she is Swedish & Finn, my wife does know her way around tamales, and makes very creditable ones. She uses banana leaves for some of the deeper Central American variants, too.

I am quite interested in the various .32 L loads, having a growing fascination with those bitty little cartridges and the lovely refined little revolvers that fire them. Have you pics of yours?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    @Borderland - That's a nice one!

No worries...I got to make a fun reusable Meme from it. Beats grumping.
    Even though she is Swedish & Finn, my wife does know her way around tamales, and makes very creditable ones. She uses banana leaves for some of the deeper Central American variants, too.

I am quite interested in the various .32 L loads, having a growing fascination with those bitty little cartridges and the lovely refined little revolvers that fire them. Have you pics of yours?
    A brother.

My wife has mostly Danish heritage. She's a damn good cook but not being raised in a Mexican culture like I was she doesn't understand the draw to chile powder. I think one almost has to be weaned on it to be able to cook without fear of the flaming asshole.

Evidently your wife has no fear and has ventured off into some unknown territory. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I haven’t kept up with the current prices of .22 so my data is dated. With casting, I could load .32 Long for just under $.05/round. That was when I could buy 1000 SPPs for around $25/1000.
    22LR looks like 0.40/rd and up. Good luck finding any.

Those days are long gone. I stocked up about 4 years ago at $33/1000. I don't think we will ever see primers again for less than $35/1000 and it may take years to see that.

I've been loading some 100 gr lead bullets with 1.9 grains of Bullseye. My old Smith loves that load! It shoots better than I do...
    and makes a .22 feel like it has some recoil.

Attachment 66063

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I've been loading some 100 gr lead bullets with 1.9 grains of Bullseye. My old Smith loves that load! It shoots better than I do...
    and makes a .22 feel like it has some recoil.

Attachment 66063
    Make that a three inch barrel and a slightly more shadow-producing front sight(or a bead), and I would be the happiest of Evil Genius guitar makers. Goes for Borderland's blued version, too.
    But I *love* the early Hand Ejectors.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

A.32 wheelgun of some sort is on my list. Either a S&W .32-20 to replace my grandfather's that rusted out before I could inherit it, or a new Ruger Single Seven in .327.
    Or both probably.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Make that a three inch barrel and a slightly more shadow-producing front sight(or a bead), and I would be the happiest of Evil Genius guitar makers. Goes for Borderland's blued version, too.
    But I *love* the early Hand Ejectors.
    I don't know what kind of voodoo magic it is, but those sights are actually ridiculously easy to see and use.
    I never would have thought that until I started shooting this old gun. But yes, a 3 inch barrel would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I don't know what kind of voodoo magic it is, but those sights are actually ridiculously easy to see and use.
    I never would have thought that until I started shooting this old gun. But yes, a 3 inch barrel would be sweet.
    I had a C. 1912 Hand Ejector Model of 1905 in .38 spl with a 4" barrel, and the sights were really ok....but that was 20 years and four eyeglasses prescriptions ago, and in a state with much more mediterranean lighting conditions.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List