Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 32 Long Wadcutters

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Never hurts to ask.
    MY comment was just teasing from another guy who asks about brass. I wouldn't ask about food (Hey, you gonna finish that?) unless it was tamales.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter

Tamales and Picante Sauce

My wife made 12 dozen tamales from scratch recently and also made a dozen big Mason jars of picante sauce. I think about Hambo, bless his heart, every time I eat these tamales heaped with the magic sauce. Life is good.

Site Supporter
    @willie - Dang, that's just cold.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My wife made 12 dozen tamales from scratch recently and also made a dozen big Mason jars of picante sauce. I think about Hambo, bless his heart, every time I eat these tamales heaped with the magic sauce. Life is good.
    Tamales aren't that easy to make nor can one find corn husks just anywhere. Almost have to have a Mexican market in your neighborhood or maybe Amazon, I haven't looked. The Mercado where I live makes them fresh every weekend. Unfortunately I didn't marry a woman who knew anything about Mexican cuisine so consider yourself lucky amigo.

I do have plenty of 32L brass however.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-31-2020 at 09:32 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Tamales aren't that easy to make nor can one find corn husks just anywhere. Almost have to have a Mexican market in your neighborhood or maybe Amazon, I haven't looked. The Mercado where I live makes them fresh every weekend. Unfortunately I didn't marry a woman who knew anything about Mexican cuisine so consider yourself lucky amigo.

I have a sack full of .32 Long brass, a Mexican wife, and a slop jar full of nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @willie - Dang, that's just cold.
    Name:  4t8ohs.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  57.7 KB
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

Its been a long while since Ive had good home made tamales. A friend just rolled in from Az, her sis sent along a batch of tamales she made.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Its been a long while since Ive had good home made tamales. A friend just rolled in from Az, her sis sent along a batch of tamales she made.
    My sis was in the hospital awhile back and my bro sent her a dozen tamales instead of flowers. Big hit with the nursing staff there in San Angelo. Everybody likes good tamales.

Quick story. We were camping on BLM land about 60 miles north of the border a few years ago. A Mexican dude in a beat up Nissan PU rolls thru the camp and people are flagging him down and buying something from him. He rolls by our camp so I wave him down to see what he's selling. Turns out it's fresh tamales, sole and prawns. We bought some of everything and ate like kings for a week. His wife was making the tamales and he bought the seafood at the dock in Puerto Penasco, He made the trip once a week and sold out.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I'm not even polite when there are home made tamales, I just go to town with both hands. There should be a sign: keep your hands and feet clear of the machine. A friend of mine brought two rectangular Tupperware cake boxes of them to a party, and some of the gringos had never seen a live tamale before. I was chowing down when a couple of guys asked me what they were and if they were good. I've got one in each hand and I'm eating them in two bites. So I tell them, "No, God only knows what they put in these things. You wouldn't like them. They're fucking horrible."
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I just got another 1,050 pieces of once fired .32 S&W Long Brass. My STAR Reloaders set for loading .32 WCs can really spit loaded rounds out.

Bob

User Tag List