Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 32 Long Wadcutters

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That was some great history. Thanks. I liked where he states that you can reload 32L cheaper than buying 22LR and it's a better small game cartridge. Now I'm curious. I'll have to break the cost down and compare. With todays prices for 22LR, loading 32L probably has it beat.
    That is in part why I bought my .327. I wanted to not have to depend on .22 during panics.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

That was some great history. Thanks. I liked where he states that you can reload 32L cheaper than buying 22LR and it's a better small game cartridge. Now I'm curious. I'll have to break the cost down and compare. With todays prices for 22LR, loading 32L probably has it beat.
    I haven’t kept up with the current prices of .22 so my data is dated. With casting, I could load .32 Long for just under $.05/round. That was when I could buy 1000 SPPs for around $25/1000.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    I've had a S&W K-32 for a few years now. It's a sweet shooting gun for virtually anything you'd do with a 22lr. I really need to pull it out of the safe more often.

Chris

I have been considering a .32 cal revolver lately myself to complement my .22 revolver for those reasons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I've had a S&W K-32 for a few years now. It's a sweet shooting gun for virtually anything you'd do with a 22lr. I really need to pull it out of the safe more often.

Chris
    That's what I originally wanted to buy when I started looking but those are about 3x more than what I paid for my 31-1. Even the 30 and 31-1 have started to get expensive.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I have been considering a .32 cal revolver lately myself to complement my .22 revolver for those reasons as well.
    I just broke down my cost to reload without casting bullets. Works out to be about 0.12/rd without factoring in brass. If a guy wanted he could probably scrounge enough brass to get started. It's not like it's in high demand.

Sorry for the tamale drift.
    No worries...I got to make a fun reusable Meme from it. Beats grumping.
    Even though she is Swedish & Finn, my wife does know her way around tamales, and makes very creditable ones. She uses banana leaves for some of the deeper Central American variants, too.

I am quite interested in the various .32 L loads, having a growing fascination with those bitty little cartridges and the lovely refined little revolvers that fire them. Have you pics of yours?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    That's what I originally wanted to buy when I started looking but those are about 3x more than what I paid for my 31-1. Even the 30 and 31-1 have started to get expensive.
    I straight up got lucky on mine. I walked into a small gun shop with no plans to buy anything, but stopped because they sometimes get unusual things on consignment (small town in SW VA). I had never seen a K32 in the flesh and found myself staring at one for the princely sum of $500 and me with a copy of my C&R FFL in the glove box of the car. A quick serial number check to confirm it was old enough to qualify as C&R and a swipe of my credit card and I'm out the door and calling my buddy to gloat.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I straight up got lucky on mine. I walked into a small gun shop with no plans to buy anything, but stopped because they sometimes get unusual things on consignment (small town in SW VA). I had never seen a K32 in the flesh and found myself staring at one for the princely sum of $500 and me with a copy of my C&R FFL in the glove box of the car. A quick serial number check to confirm it was old enough to qualify as C&R and a swipe of my credit card and I'm out the door and calling my buddy to gloat.

Chris
    Score.

I just broke down my cost to reload without casting bullets. Works out to be about 0.12/rd without factoring in brass. If a guy wanted he could probably scrounge enough brass to get started. It's not like it's in high demand.
    That cost is very reasonable! It may be time to get more serious about finding a .32 cal revolver.

User Tag List