Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 32 Long Wadcutters

Site Supporter

32 Long Wadcutters

Well, watching the ammo doom panic, I relented a bit and bought some 32 SW Long 100 gr lead wadcutters for my 32 cal revolvers. Just because, just to have something for them. I have a bit of 32 HR mag and 327 but not much. You never know when the last zombie comes over the ridge. 250 rounds should keep me happy.

I used to shoot Fiocchi 32 SW Long FMJ in matches as an outlaw revolver but used that all up before the plague.

You dont reload at all?

If not, do you still have the 32 S&W long brass?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Don't reload and I gave the old brass to a reloader friend awhile ago. Sorry.

Site Supporter
    IIRC, the wadcutters were the hottest .32 S&W Long ammo available, at least in Europe. They needed some oomph in order to function in Walther GSPs and such. Not sure if US-produced ammo followed suit.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    IIRC, the wadcutters were the hottest .32 S&W Long ammo available, at least in Europe. They needed some oomph in order to function in Walther GSPs and such. Not sure if US-produced ammo followed suit.
    SAAMI specs on the US ammo keeps the pressure pretty low due to all the break action, pot metal guns chambered in .32 S&W Long.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    @Glenn E. Meyer - SGA has Fiocchi wadcutter, $36/box of 50. They show 142 in stock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    You dont reload at all?

I used to reload and even have a set of .32 dies, but realistically, I'm not going to set my press up again anytime soon. Do you need some .32 S&W long brass? I have a little I'd be happy to send your way. If the boxes in my empty brass crate are full, it looks like I have ~300 brass.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I used to reload and even have a set of .32 dies, but realistically, I'm not going to set my press up again anytime soon. Do you need some .32 S&W long brass? I have a little I'd be happy to send your way. If the boxes in my empty brass crate are full, it looks like I have ~300 brass.
    If Malamute passes, I'll gladly pay you market rate for them (10 cents each, around here, plus shipping).

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    You dont reload at all?

You don't waste any time, do you?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You don't waste any time, do you?

Never hurts to ask. And in the current supply situation, even brass isnt as easy to find.

Pangloss was kind enough to help me out with a bit of brass. Im probably fixed for brass for as much 32 shooting as Ill ever do.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List