Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIM Free or Minimal MIM Pistols (non 1911)?

Quote Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
    That sounds interesting. Would that eliminate all the MIM parts?
    How hard is the P07 to work on?
    It’s simple to work on. The P07/09 is one of the simplest TDA designs. Almost Glock easy. I think the trigger and hammer are the only MIM parts anyway.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It’s simple to work on. The P07/09 is one of the simplest TDA designs. Almost Glock easy. I think the trigger and hammer are the only MIM parts anyway.
    Thanks for the info.

I'd take a well-QC'd, well-made MIM part over a poorly-QC'd, poorly made forged or investment cast part. I think it has more to do with QC and how adept the manufacturer is at making the part than it does with whether it's MIM or forged/cast.

I believe both Knights Armament and LMT use MIM parts in actual military-issue firearms for folks who are actually using them in serious situations. I believe the MK27 adopted by SOCOM (Glock 19) also uses MIM parts. Certainly the M17/M18 uses MIM parts, and while those pistols have a troubled history, afaik none of it had directly to do with the parts being MIM (could be wrong).

That said, I can't deny that I'd take a well-QC'd, well-made forged or cast part over a well-QC'd, well-made MIM part. But I don't think the difference is enough to worry about.

User Tag List