Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 509T slide milling

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    That was never a permanent setup for me. I’ve taken the 509T off. It’s currently sitting in my desk at work w a CHPWS MOS plate and a set of Ameriglo GL-470 sights. Waiting for my new issued MOS 19 to arrive.
    How many rounds did you put through the setup and did you have any concerns about how it was mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    How many rounds did you put through the setup and did you have any concerns about how it was mounted?
    I can’t remember how many rounds through that slide. Not many. I put the 509 and adapter on an AIM Surplus 26/RMR slide and had several hundred rounds through it before I removed it. The only issue I had was I didn’t like how high it made the optic sit. But it worked fine. Since I never intended to use that adapter full time I never bought BUIS specifically for that set up.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I got my slide back from Jagerwerks today. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm pretty impressed with the overall package.

In comparison to my ATEI cut slide for an RMR the overall optic height is VERY close to the same, but the 509t is just a touch taller. I don't have a way to accurately measure, but I'd estimate its 1 or 2 millimeters. (The attached picture from the front more accurately shows the difference than the picture from the rear.) I do not feel the additional height will impact concealment in any way, but the height extending over a longer length than the RMR could be a concealment factor since there is height further away from the belt line.

The usable window for the 509t feels huge in comparison the RMR. You get more useable space on the top, but also more usable space at the bottom since the bottom of the window and sights sit lower.

The "tube effect" does seem to help a bit for initial alignment after doing a few one handed presentations. If I'm slightly off in my presentation my brain seems to be able to instinctively fix it more than with the RMR.

The glass has significantly less blue hue compared to the RMR, and the distortion is very similar with the 509t having just slightly more at the edges.

This is all just first impression, but if everything holds up during live fire this will be my new carry option and I'll send a Glock 19 slide to be set up to match.

Name:  IMG_3293.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  40.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_3294.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  38.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_3295.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  36.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3296.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  40.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_3297.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  40.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I got my slide back from Jagerwerks today. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm pretty impressed with the overall package.

In comparison to my ATEI cut slide for an RMR the overall optic height is VERY close to the same, but the 509t is just a touch taller. I don't have a way to accurately measure, but I'd estimate its 1 or 2 millimeters. (The attached picture from the front more accurately shows the difference than the picture from the rear.) I do not feel the additional height will impact concealment in any way, but the height extending over a longer length than the RMR could be a concealment factor since there is height further away from the belt line.

The usable window for the 509t feels huge in comparison the RMR. You get more useable space on the top, but also more usable space at the bottom since the bottom of the window and sights sit lower.

The "tube effect" does seem to help a bit for initial alignment after doing a few one handed presentations. If I'm slightly off in my presentation my brain seems to be able to instinctively fix it more than with the RMR.

The glass has significantly less blue hue compared to the RMR, and the distortion is very similar with the 509t having just slightly more at the edges.

This is all just first impression, but if everything holds up during live fire this will be my new carry option and I'll send a Glock 19 slide to be set up to match.

Name:  IMG_3293.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  40.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_3294.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  38.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_3295.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  36.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3296.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  40.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_3297.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  40.5 KB
    Awesome, I have one there now. How long did yours end up taking?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Awesome, I have one there now. How long did yours end up taking?
    I sent it in the first week of February and got it back today. I went with the black nitride finish so I’m sure that added a little time.

My M&P CORE just came back from CHPWS, and I will be interested if the mount holds up. Looks like they installed larger screws than last time.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My M&P CORE just came back from CHPWS, and I will be interested if the mount holds up. Looks like they installed larger screws than last time.
    Screwed up again, will post details in CORE thread.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quick update about my jagerwerks milled G45-509T from the previous page, I swapped the XS F8 sights for some standard trijicon HD XR's and got what is for me the perfect witness, if you would have told me I would end up with these while they had the slide I would have said no way, but if it's depth you desire for your 509T on a glock slide, they are the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    Picked up the slide. With a .150” depth of cut the top of the Holosun RMR adaptor plate sits perfectly parallel with the top of the slide. C&H has a plate in the works. Hoping it is thinner, but over all I’m happy with this set up. I am probably going to need Dawson sights to get a good co-witness.
    Attachment 64091
    Attachment 64092
    Did you get new irons? What is the height of the rear in the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Quick update about my jagerwerks milled G45-509T from the previous page, I swapped the XS F8 sights for some standard trijicon HD XR's and got what is for me the perfect witness, if you would have told me I would end up with these while they had the slide I would have said no way, but if it's depth you desire for your 509T on a glock slide, they are the shop.
    Do you have a picture of this, especially the sight picture?

User Tag List