Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 509T slide milling

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Hearing the actual dimensions is interesting, hopefully it does grow on me cause I'm going to be living with it for a while regardless.

I've been running the gen1 508T on my main P10f for maybe a year and really like that window a lot, also been waiting for the X2 version for what seems like 6 months now.

This particular G45 slide has XS F8's on it so we will see how the height matches up with the 509, I run a low witness on everything so I expect they'll be tall enough.
    I am using a .315 height front sight as BUIS on the 509T on a C&W plate on a Glock MOS slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I ended up repurposing the RMR I was using as an offset sight and replaced it with a 509T since I was able to pick it up for quite a bit less than I could find RMRs in stock for.

I like it a lot more this time around, and decided to send a spare slide to Jagerwerks to try out their direct mill for it. I ordered their suggested sights from Dawson and will be sending it out as soon as they get here.

That thing sits so low it makes me worry.

It makes me smile

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    It makes me smile
    It makes me think about my next build.

They buried it so deep the F8’s are taking up too much of the window, gonna try some standard trijicon HD XR’s instead, one observation is there is barely any metal left on top of the extractor cutout to the optic, I’ll try and get a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Attachment 63907

This is my 509 on a Lonewolf slide that has an RMR cut. I’m using the holosun adapter plate.
    What irons are you using here and how is the gun running?

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    What irons are you using here and how is the gun running?
    That was never a permanent setup for me. I’ve taken the 509T off. It’s currently sitting in my desk at work w a CHPWS MOS plate and a set of Ameriglo GL-470 sights. Waiting for my new issued MOS 19 to arrive.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List