Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aero Thunder Ranch AR

Site Supporter

Aero Thunder Ranch AR

Has anybody seen the Aero Thunder Ranch AR? I saw a few pictures from the 2020 shot show. I could not find any other info. I am looking for a lower to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Has anybody seen the Aero Thunder Ranch AR? I saw a few pictures from the 2020 shot show. I could not find any other info. I am looking for a lower to build.
    Understand this is an old thread, but I just saw it today. Looked interesting with the cut out lower and the no forward assist upper. Trying to find some reviews.

I attended the TR Urban Rifle course in February 2019 and Clint had a few of his Aero rifles (with the cutout in the magwell) on hand.
    Everyone at the course had the opportunity to handle and shoot the rifles, including one student who shot the entire course with one of the rifles (active duty guy who was stateside for the course and had coordinated with the Smith's to use one of the rifles for the course).

The rifles ran without issue and the fit/finish on them was top notch.

I don't know what differences there might be between the one you are describing from the 2020 Shot Show and the one I saw/shot in February 2019.

tp

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    what's the deal with the cutout?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    what's the deal with the cutout?
    Per Clint: malfunction clearance with a side benefit of weight reduction.

tp

Here is a link to a Guns America article about the Clint Smith Aero rifle. I haven't read it yet but I know they are going to say its the best thing since sliced bread.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/a...nch-ar-series/

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    So it’s basically a “regular” Aero with holes.

I’m sure Clint Smith knows a great many things I don’t, but that cutout seems like you’re more likely to get more crap in the magwell than out.

Pretty neutral on the FA. I don’t believe I’ve ever actually used mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When was the last time you worried about getting crapola in your AR through the magwell? Besides, a mag in the well blocks most crapola from getting in- access hole or not.

I can see where having an access hole would make it easier to reach up inside & clear brass out of the action.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    When was the last time you worried about getting crapola in your AR through the magwell? Besides, a mag in the well blocks most crapola from getting in- access hole or not.

I can see where having an access hole would make it easier to reach up inside & clear brass out of the action.
    That is what Clint was thinking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji7B...eid=f6f4af6f3d

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Was hoping he would go into why he thinks the forward assist is unnecessary also. I think I know, but would have liked him to expound on that.

User Tag List