Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December Rangemaster Newsletter

191 cold with carry ammo the other day, followed by a 195. Great COF.

One of the things that occurs to me... The 20rds required would be a reasonable, minimalist one-box function check of a new lot or sku of carry ammo. Most of the commercially packaged carry loads come in 20rd quantities.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    191 cold with carry ammo the other day, followed by a 195. Great COF.

One of the things that occurs to me... The 20rds required would be a reasonable, minimalist one-box function check of a new lot or sku of carry ammo. Most of the commercially packaged carry loads come in 20rd quantities.
    Right. One of the things I was trying to do was come up with a fairly comprehensive skill check with very few rounds. Until the ammo drought is over the days of 50-60 round drill sets are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Right. One of the things I was trying to do was come up with a fairly comprehensive skill check with very few rounds. Until the ammo drought is over the days of 50-60 round drill sets are over.
    Thanks Tom, I am going to try it this afternoon.

And that pic of you shooting your 1301T looks familiar!

My very best regards to you and Lynn.

Back on the department indoor range after holiday hiatus. Shot a 196, cold, with GEN5 19 and “carry” ammo(135+P Hornady). Had a 199 until one handed strings, where a couple were “clenched”-some more work with single hand shooting.
    Nice little evaluation; I thank Tom Givens for posting it. Here’s to a better New Year and centered hits!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Great newsletter.

I will be trying that Baseline Skills Assessment next chance I get. It's Glock 48 friendly, too; I need magazines loaded with 10, 3 and 7 rounds. Thanks Tom, much appreciated and belated Happy Thanksgiving.
    Forgot to post my result: 183. Couple caveats: My range does not allow draws from the holster; all times were approximated, and I flubbed the reload completely. Still, as a "number" representing a score, it's where I'm at at the moment. I added this to my set of metrics to track this coming year.

Name:  IMG_7967.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  37.3 KB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    This forum is going to get me to buy a 1301T whether I need one or not.

Well, it’s the new year, and a shooting buddy and I try to get together around this time to bring in a new year with gunfire. At times throughout the year, we have also done a “pop quiz” where we shoot what we have on us as we exit our vehicles. Only caveat is we can change to ball ammo for the quiz rather than our carry/duty ammo. No dry fire, warm up, etc.
    I pulled up on the outdoor range with a GEN519MOS w/ACRO in a JMCK IWB holster under a fleece vest. Shot a 196 with no “crunch” like the other day at indoor facility-all in the bull. I’ll keep my focus on dry fire with both hands and single hands as it seems to help!
    Minor point: we switched to G44s after this, and got some good work in on the Wizard drill, etc. I’m becoming attached to the little lightweight G pistol, and it helps with the ammo budget.
    Health to all here for the new year!

User Tag List