Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Singles out 23 SB tactical Firearms Braces...

Good information here, seems like the most relevant ATF letter was from September 2020:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Given the current controversy, Braces are probably ok for range guns. That said go-to HD guns should have a stock or be a SBR if they're shorter than 16". JMO
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Given the current controversy, Braces are probably ok for range guns. That said go-to HD guns should have a stock or be a SBR if they're shorter than 16". JMO

The Ammoland article contains a link to a Truth About Guns article. That one has a complete copy of the September 2020 letter referenced in the video GJM linked. Looks like the ATF is setting the stage to screw us again.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Delete

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Please explain the logic of this ?

They are either legal (which they are at this time) or they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Please explain the logic of this ?

They are either legal (which they are at this time) or they are not.
    Because of the ambiguity over whether an AR pistol is legal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Because of the ambiguity over whether an AR pistol is legal or not.
    If ATF wants to make an example of some folks, I would think that they might select a shooting range, to shop for likely candidates, complete with video and still images, of the weapons being shouldered, rather than wait for the rarer event of the occasional defensive shooting incident. Prosecutors love images and video; worth a thousand words, and all that.

As HCM indicated, the weapons are either illegal, or they are legal.

Moreover, the ambiguity, at this point in time, is not whether AR pistols are legal, but whether some braces render the AR pistol an illegal SBR.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-26-2020 at 12:43 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    If ATF wants to make an example of some folks, I would think that they might select a shooting range, to shop for likely candidates, complete with video and still images, of the weapons being shouldered, rather than wait for the rarer event of the occasional defensive shooting incident. Prosecutors love images and video; worth a thousand words, and all that.

As HCM indicated, the weapons are either illegal, or they are legal.

Moreover, the ambiguity, at this point in time, is not whether AR pistols are legal, but whether some braces render the AR pistol an illegal SBR.
    I think Paul makes a good point.

Actually use one in a fight. Illegal or legal might depend on where you are at, who you shot, and how many times.

And of course how much you want to pay a lawyer to argue the point for you in court.

Why play those odds if something less controversial is available for use. Does a pistol with brace really offer an advantage in a fight.

And I've heard "I have a right", and of course you do. If you can really predict what a jury will do, you can make a fortune.

A cost benefit analysis might be in order.....
    Last edited by kitchen's mill; 11-26-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitchen's mill View Post
    I think Paul makes a good point.

Actually use one in a fight. Illegal or legal might depend on where you are at, who you shot, and how many times.

And of course how much you want to pay a lawyer to argue the point for you in court.

Why play those odds if something less controversial is available for use. Does a pistol with brace really offer an advantage in a fight.

And I've heard "I have a right", and of course you do.

A cost benefit analysis might be in order.....
    Well, if one thinks that one’s weapon might have legal issues, one may be best-advised to keep braces well away from it, at all times. I have never worked for ATF, but worked 33+ years for a major local PD. If I want to build a case against someone, for an illegal weapon, I would want to create still image and video image evidence, of that weapon being possessed, handled, and used by the defendant-to-be. So, my cost-benefit analysis, as the owner of a hypothetical illegal weapon, would be that I would not want to be seen with it, especially in a place visible to a portion of the public, where ATF might be seeing me.

The “blue” DA in this county would love to throw me under the bus for anything, because I am a fair-skinned male, of northern-European descent, a retired LEO, and, I have two entries, on a local leftist website, that documents “shooters” among local LEOs. So, yeah, I would be best-advised to use non-controversial weapons, should I dare to defend myself with any weapon, and especially a hypothetical illegal weapon. I checked a bump, in the carport, just this morning, with a shotgun in my hands. Uncle Joe weapon.

Shotgun Joe-y sits around in his underwear, bidin’ on a pellet, and sniffing everyone’s hair.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List