Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: ATF Singles out 23 SB tactical Firearms Braces...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    So far, 21,444 comments submitted on the brace document.

Mrgunsngear did a video on this (linked below), where he discussed a similar document submitted when 7N6 came to the chopping block... and less than 5,000 people commented. We don’t see 7N6 coming in today, so obviously they moved on that due to lack of interest.

M855’s turn on the chopping block... it had 80,000 comments... which kept Obama’s agencies from moving against banning that. We could realistically purchase some of that today, if it were in stock.

I think if those numbers get to over 100,000... we have a shot of them blinking over it. Personally, I’d love to see 1,000,000... but it really depends on whether or not people will take 10 minutes to write a response.

https://youtu.be/ABCczG9HUjQ
    Those things didn't move or not move based on the number of comments, but more comments are definitely helpful. I'd recommend making small changes to any draft comment you use so that it is not submitted as an identical comment.

Also, I don't recall an opportunity to comment on the 7N6 AP determination, so I'm not sure what comments he is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Those things didn't move or not move based on the number of comments, but more comments are definitely helpful. I'd recommend making small changes to any draft comment you use so that it is not submitted as an identical comment.

Also, I don't recall an opportunity to comment on the 7N6 AP determination, so I'm not sure what comments he is referring to.
    It is probably a daily thing... being it was at like 13,000 the day prior. The actual time period for comments legally should be 90 days... per the GCA... and we get 14 days for this. Hopefully people flood them.

When I wrote mine, I had about 50 characters left from the limit. Big thing, just keep it PG and make a halfway decent argument to keep braced pistols off the NFA. ATF approval from 2017 (ok shouldering braces periodically), bump stock being “machine guns” (completely incorrect when you read the NFA), no consideration of other firearms previously approved by ATF (pistol over 26”, with vertical grip and brace), ambiguity of characteristics, etc.

The comments about 7N6 were done identically to this... on Federal Registry. How big were 5.45mm AKs back then (6-8 years ago)? That is mainly the reason why people didn’t make a big deal over it.

Atf withdraws ....

Not sure What to make of this. Tap early, tap often doesn’t fit .gov MO

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ge...20pdf/download

Last numbers people saw were 67,400 in five days. Probably the reason why. [emoji106]

They will be back when they figure out a way to make it stick. Probably EO...

Site Supporter
    Last numbers people saw were 67,400 in five days. Probably the reason why. [emoji106]

An EO doesn’t resolve those issues.

But they will be back.

This is good news. Don't get complacent though, like a bad penny they'll be back.

Name:  20201223_190448.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  35.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Atf withdraws ....

Not sure What to make of this. Tap early, tap often doesn’t fit .gov MO

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ge...20pdf/download
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The letter from like 1/4 of Congress may have had something to do with it...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Nor did I, which only makes me more skeptical. I suspect they are just holding their fire until they have new leadership in the White House.

Don't be fooled. Made a meme to capture my feelings on this "surrender"

User Tag List