Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: ATF Singles out 23 SB tactical Firearms Braces...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Don't be fooled. Made a meme to capture my feelings on this "surrender"

If only we could get rid of the ATF by blasting some sweet Jackie Wilson tunes.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

ATF Singles out 23 SB tactical Firearms Braces...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    An EO doesn’t resolve those issues.
    Tell that to bump stocks...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Atf withdraws ....

Not sure What to make of this. Tap early, tap often doesn’t fit .gov MO

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ge...20pdf/download
    More then likely they realized they screwed something up in the announcement. Like a 14 day comment period instead of 90 like they were supposed to.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Bump stocks are not a 1:1 comparison.

What does "pending further Department of Justice review" mean?

Upon further consultation with the Department of Justice and the Office of theDeputy Attorney General, ATF is withdrawing, pending further Department of Justicereview
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    When was there an EO on bump stocks? ATF created a new rule through the APA process. You may not think that rule is consistent with the statute (I don't), but it wasn't an EO

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    What does "pending further Department of Justice review" mean?

Upon further consultation with the Department of Justice and the Office of theDeputy Attorney General, ATF is withdrawing, pending further Department of Justicereview
    If you are familiar with American football, there is a play often conducted on fourth down that best explains that statement.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacafuego View Post
    The letter from like 1/4 of Congress may have had something to do with it...
    Here's the clearest version of the letter I could find with a reasonable amount of Googling. (embedded in NRA's Twitter feed)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ep8BuTRW...name=4096x4096

Also found this page, which is interesting. I think I might have heard about it, but it sounded like some standard posturing from policritters at the time. In hindsight, perhaps it's what precipitated the "guidance," although the guidance failed to address any of the issues for which BATFE was specifically criticized in the Senators' letter:

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=5479

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/files/do...J%20Letter.pdf
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    If/when ATF decides to begin formal rule making on pistol braces, DO NOT bring up bump stocks when submitting comments. There is absolutely no valid comparison between the two devices. Bringing up bump stocks is exactly how to ensure that your comments will not be taken seriously and will not be persuasive to those making the decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...of-popular-gun

Some 90 House members, moving with unusual speed, called this week on the Trump administration’s gun regulators to back off banning one of the most popular firearms used by sports men and women and disabled veterans.

In a letter organized by North Carolina Rep. Richard Hudson and signed by 89 others, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives was urged to withdraw new guidance on AR-15-style pistols.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List