Thread: What is the time window on editing a post?

Site Supporter

What is the time window on editing a post?

Checked FAQ on posting, didn't see an answer.

Is there a specific time window on how long you can edit your own post? I've been able to edit before, but it must have been right after I posted. The other day I went back to a post a couple days later and wanted to update a link, looks like there's no edit option. It's no problem to add another post. Just wondered if there's a specific time window to be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Checked FAQ on posting, didn't see an answer.

Is there a specific time window on how long you can edit your own post? I've been able to edit before, but it must have been right after I posted. The other day I went back to a post a couple days later and wanted to update a link, looks like there's no edit option. It's no problem to add another post. Just wondered if there's a specific time window to be aware of.
    Two minutes less than the time it takes you to notice the egregious typo.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

IIRC it’s an hour.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    IIRC it’s an hour.
    That's it--the 'edit' function just switched off on my OP an hour after I posted it. Thx.

I remember on another forum, that someone who had posted a lot of good quality information, went back and deleted a couple of years of their posts. That forum lost a lot of good information. They made it that you couldn't edit after a short period of time.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Two minutes less than the time it takes you to notice the egregious typo.
    If it's the sort of thing that sets your teeth on edge, you can report your own post and ask a moderator to edit the typo. We've even deleted a few at the poster's request when they sobered u...err, rethought the wisdom of posting whatever they posted.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List