Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the academics - here's how you get to go on leave. Covid, the Moon, Minorities.

Site Supporter

For the academics - here's how you get to go on leave. Covid, the Moon, Minorities.

Ferris State University announced on Monday that Thomas E. Brennan, an assistant professor of physical science, had been placed on administrative leave after he posted racist, anti-Semitic, and homophobic remarks on Twitter and disrupted a staff meeting by calling Covid-19 a “leftist stunt,” claiming death rates in the United States had been exaggerated.
    Here's the professor's letter explaining what he tweeted: http://www.quantumthom.com/LetterToFerrisCommunity.pdf

It takes all kinds.

PS - started to get ads for giant farm tractors. Now how did I get on that list?

In his letter, the professor also states he believes the atom bomb and moon landings were faked.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

At first I thought the good Professor was maybe Jeremy Corbin, but the second half of this sentence made me feel better about his anti-semitism.
    “I do not believe that middle-class Jews are involved in an international conspiracy, only that a small number of their elites are.”

Further evidence that an advanced degree doesn’t mean that one’s mind works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Further evidence that an advanced degree doesn’t mean that one’s mind works well.
    This is by and far one of the truest statements I've read all day.

Covid is producing some fascinating results without infecting people.

It's been 10+ years since I saw someone actively and openly deny the Holocaust. But just yesterday on IG, I saw not one, but three Holocaust deniers in the comments section of someone I follow. Seems like covid is an excuse for the weirdos to crawl out of hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Seems like covid social media is an excuse for the weirdos to crawl out of hiding.
    FIFY ;-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It's been 10+ years since I saw someone actively and openly deny the Holocaust.
    Not that I'd recommend it, but apparently you don't watch CSPAN.

Name:  ilhan.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  10.5 KB
    J/K, she doesn't deny the Holocaust -- she just isn't clear on her position regarding it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Not that I'd recommend it, but apparently you don't watch CSPAN.
    (Longest img code ever)
    J/K, she doesn't deny the Holocaust -- she just isn't clear on her position regarding it.
    Deny, hell, she’d sign up for round 2 if she could.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I always wondered about that. One of my friends referred to that as being educated beyond one's intelligence. Of course I wouldn't know.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List