Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple security chief bribes California sheriff for CCW permits with iPads

Apple security chief bribes California sheriff for CCW permits with iPads

I’m struck by how impossible this particular corruption would be in the many states that don’t require a permit in the first place.

A California grand jury has indicted Apple’s head of global security on charges that he tried to bribe Santa Clara County officials to procure firearms (CCW) licenses, according to a news release. Santa Clara district attorney Jeff Rosen alleges that Thomas Moyer offered 200 iPads — worth about $70,000 — to Capt. James Jensen and Undersheriff Rick Sung in the Santa Clara County sheriff’s office, in exchange for four concealed firearms licenses for Apple employees.
    http://www.theverge.com/2020/11/23/2...ed-santa-clara

The press release from the DA’s office:

http://www.sccgov.org/sites/da/newsr...iff-Sung-.aspx

Well, Kamala is going to be disappointed that they are using their privilege in such distasteful fashion...

...without even going through her to make the arrangement.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Just a permit? Lame. I'm sure if they shopped around they would have found a sheriff who would give them a badge.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Even if you can appreciate the pickle of needing / wanting a CCW in a may issue utopia, bribery is always a bad idea.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

In the case of the CCW license withheld from Harpreet Chadha, Sung managed to extract from Chadha a promise of $6,000 worth of luxury box seat tickets to a San Jose Sharks hockey game at the SAP Center on Valentine’s Day 2019. Sheriff Laurie Smith’s family members and some of her biggest political supporters held a small celebration of her re-election as Sheriff in the suite.

The most sanctimonious bullshit was this classic:

DA Jeff Rosen said: “Undersheriff Sung and Captain Jensen treated CCW licenses as commodities and found willing buyers. Bribe seekers should be reported to the District Attorney’s Office, not rewarded with compliance.”

Exactly... You report a corrupt county official to another county official in the same jurisdiction?
    Why would you think that would go wrong? It would like telling Enos that Boss Hogg was crooked.

Well, if they used small pistol primers instead of iPads, they would have gotten away with it, I reckon...

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well, if they used small pistol primers instead of iPads, they would have gotten away with it, I reckon...
    Sigh. I'da sold out.

The more power the State gets, the more corruption you will find.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Not especially germane to Apple’s ipads for permits grift, but all these recent news threads have made me go completely @Maple Syrup Actual on 2020. I just can’t wait to see what shit comes up next. Each day is a gift, if you’re an irony connoisseur.

User Tag List