Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun choice - what else is new? Thin semi

I prefer the 43X to the 48, but they’re both good guns.

A 43X and a 45 have me pretty much set for hand guns.

Good point about the difference. Interestingly, my 98 lb daughter can shoot a G43, even WHO and not have FTF "limp wrist" malfunctions. She cannot reliably shoot a G19, even with two hands. So, if the 48 has similar recoil dynamics, it might be even more reliable than a 19 in some ways? But, it's hard to argue against a double stack Glock. I like the 26.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m one of the weirdos who was calling for a single stack G19 sized gun since the early 90s - I was a S&W 3913 shooter, and I liked the thinner profile. When the G43 was released I came back to Glock from a ten year dalliance with M&Ps, and the G48 finally gave me what I wanted all these years.

One of the guys here pointed out the G48 may not be as reliable as a G19 because the recoil system is G43 based and has a different cycle. Mine has been good and I trust it.

But...

It’s really hard not to reach for the G26 when I’m getting dressed in the morning. I guess my tastes evolved.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  D2F6FE6D-417F-44F6-8424-B8C9B653DCB1.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  38.5 KB
    I picked up a new G48 last week.. it was originally intended for my wife but she preferred her M&P once she got some rounds though it. So I did what was right and kept it for myself and added a CHWPS plate and Holosun 507k. Still waiting on my gadget and DSG rig. Once it’s all together it may push my G45 out of daily carry. Time will tell but it’s nice to have options. Tempted to try out the Shield Arms mags but I have faith in the factory 10+1 Glock magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The Glock 48 seems like a good 10 round gun. Add a Gadget, and some sights, and carry on.
    I agree as well, my gadget came in yesterday and I have Heinie Ledge FO's on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m one of the weirdos who was calling for a single stack G19 sized gun since the early 90s - I was a S&W 3913 shooter, and I liked the thinner profile. When the G43 was released I came back to Glock from a ten year dalliance with M&Ps, and the G48 finally gave me what I wanted all these years.

One of the guys here pointed out the G48 may not be as reliable as a G19 because the recoil system is G43 based and has a different cycle. Mine has been good and I trust it.

But...

It’s really hard not to reach for the G26 when I’m getting dressed in the morning. I guess my tastes evolved.

My G26.5 groups like a full size gun at 25 yards in my hands at the expense of a less confident draw using the flat magazine base and slide bit compared to my G48.
    I hope to test them side by side once ammo is plentiful again

Been thinking a lot today. I love my 92 compact but a g43 for gym shorts carry and g48 for everything else is a really good set up for the average American

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That's what I did. I like it a lot.
    #MeToo

Chris

I have a GEN5 26 which I like a lot-BUT, I typically carry it with a + baseplate for 12 rounds. My reload would be a 19 or 17 standard cap mag. When I ankle carry as a backup, I use a 10 round mag. I’ve shot it in a few IDPA and GSSF matches with acceptable results. I have a G43, usually relegated to a pocket, seldom carried as a primary.
    To the OP in a “restricted” state: we have at department a number of folks who carry a G48-no complaints or issues. They run the 10 round mags exclusively. When we had samples to test, I preferred the 43X, but I believe it’s because I was comfortable with the sight radius, etc., having shot a 43 a lot.
    FWIW, in NY, not being able to use standard mags, I’d pick a 43X or 48(probably an MOS for the dot option later), put some good sights on and get a few extra mags and start shooting!

NYS revolver friendly

Think about it for a minute. Places like NYS keep the revolver idea alive. Give’em time, and we may see a renaissance of single-shot flintlock pistols. (Just an old guy rambling).

This has been my skinny pistol for a few years:

Name:  20200704_105944.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  94.9 KB

It works well enough, and carries well enough.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List