Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun choice - what else is new? Thin semi

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So, I will be carrying again. Given the NYS mag limits, the semi gun that makes sense is my G26. Why carry the bigger Glocks. However, it's thick as you all know. It does have the advantage of being mag compatible with my Ruger PCC. However, I might want a thinner OWB gun. So being a Glock guy, a G43 or 48, a Sig 365 (no safety)?

I have a G42 that I'm thinking of ditching. It was a horror when new - had to go back and I still don't trust it. The magazines don't drop when empty, you have to drag them out. Feh. So I might use it to fund in part the new one.

Thoughts?
    Well, first PM if you want to sell the 42. Seriously.

I have a 43 that I've shot the s@#t out of and I really like it. All my mags wear the Strike Industries +2 extensions and they blend very nicely with the pistol. That addition alone might solve your problem.

At one time I was invested in S&W's - I have three remaining that I don't shoot as often as I should - an M&P 9 gen 1 that has never givien me a lick of problems, and an M&P 2.0 5inch in 9mm which I used for action pistol. That pistol was a workhorse. They don't get shot much at all anymore.

But to my point - I just flat like shooting my Shield 9mm. It's funny how some pistols are just like that - that Shield, my Ruger LCP, and most .22 pistols always bring that goofy grin to my face.

That is a roundabout way of saying that a Shield might be worth looking at.

I will say that outshooting good shooters with a glock 48 while they shoot duty sized guns is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That's what I did. I like it a lot.
    Same same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgot about this excellent video by @LGChris on this topic.

Til;dr: He prefers the P365XL slightly, due to the smaller butt (phrasing Rich!) as compared to the G48 plus mag base, for concealing under a T shirt.

Yawn, I’ll just leave these here.

Name:  B92D6F94-DBA5-4C9E-A10C-7D1585A0B580.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  BD43CA87-BBD2-4944-A72E-E9683E28DB28.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  39.3 KB

Tough to beat the G26 for accuracy, versatility, and shootability. It shoots pretty damn close to how a G19 shoots. I love mine and it’s the gun I generally carry off duty. It can be an ankle gun, a pocket gun, or a belt gun. Consistent draws and reloads are a little tougher to master than a gun with a full firing grip. It’s an older design compared to most of its competitors and most of the bugs have been worked out.

My girlfriend has a G48 and I like it a lot, though. It draws and reloads easier than the G26 but you can’t use the mags of the larger double stack guns as reloads. It also doesn’t work as a pocket or ankle gun unless you’re Shaq.

If I was in a ban state, without LE privileges, and wasn’t already equipped with a solid carry gun so I’d be starting from scratch, I’d probably go with the G48/43X on the belt and a J-Frame in the pocket as a backup gun.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Yawn, I’ll just leave these here.

Name:  B92D6F94-DBA5-4C9E-A10C-7D1585A0B580.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  BD43CA87-BBD2-4944-A72E-E9683E28DB28.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  39.3 KB
    Some nice shooting, sir! The GEN5s have the “Marksman” barrel, so a good shooter behind one would give fine results.
    I stayed with my 26 because I have + mags and plenty of 17&19 mags which work. A JMCK IWB holster is comfortable for me; I also pack a 19 or G45 in one too.
    Looking back to the OP, only positive for a 26 mentioned was mag compatibility with a carbine. Move past that, as I think the 48 still would work; the longer grip is easier to run. I shot a 100 on the 5 yard roundup on the second mag out of the box.
    Now, 5 yards obviously ain’t 25, but the slimline GLOCKs will ding a “C” zone silhouette at 50 yards if the shooter is working the trigger correctly.
    The longer grip will allow for positive mag ejection if that’s desirable. On both the 26 and 43, the base of the mags sometimes catch on the bottom edge of my hand. If I’m carrying one, I just strip the mag with support hand as it moves to the reload.
    Now I’m thinking a Christmas present for me will be a 43XMOS...*sigh*

Site Supporter
    I really like the G26, but if I couldn't have any double stack mags, then I'd quickly buy a G48. Aside from that, I can't think of anything else I'd seriously consider.

After I divested of all my p320s following the drop unsafe issue, at a significant loss, I was ready to never shoot another Sig. A friend is a team lead at Sig EO, and I ran into him at the range while they were testing p365s with the R0 optic. They needed someone to shoot 500 rounds so I said ok. Bottom line: I didn’t hate it. In fact, I think it’s better designed than the p320. I would still choose a Glock, but admit that the 365 is a good gun.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

You've been shooting a Glock for forever, right Glenn? So uhh...Glock. The G48 if you're used to a G19 sized gun. G43 if you carried the G26 more.

--

Of course the correct answer is a true Commander in by-God .45 ACP. The caliber invented by Moses himself. But if you want to shoot Euro-pellets that's up to you. I suppose at your age folks probably aren't questioning your sexual preferences anymore.

That's a damn joke folks, don't @ me.

User Tag List