Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gun choice - what else is new? Thin semi

Agree with OP about thickness of Glock double stacks. I have both G19 and G26, and shoot them pretty well. But, when carrying concealed, always found myself more comfortable (i.e., discreet) with a single stack. And I preferred one that could be carried either in a belt holster or stuffed in a pocket holster in "normal" pant pockets. The thicker Glocks just didn't work for me in the situation.

For no particular reason, I tried the P365, and liked it. Put a Shield red dot on mine (all this was before the XL or other slimmer dots), and the combo has worked well. Not quite as quick out of the pocket as a dot-less version, but OK (primarily use a Mika holster cut for covering the dot). The P365 has a bit more recoil than the bigger Glocks, but again, it's OK. Shot the range's single stack Glocks. No problem, but nothing that struck me as a reason to go through the expense of switching.

I'd say, if possible, go to a range that rents them all, and try the 43/48/365 side-by-side on the same trip. Likely to reveal likes/dislikes.

Oh, I will say, coming from a history with the 1911, I've been more comfortable pocket carrying the P365 with the safety. But if OP hasn't had a history with an external safety, the transition could be problematic, at least for a while.

I like my 48 and it carries well. I can't help but notice that back to back I still shoot a 26 better.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

IMO for a ban state Glock I choose both the G48/G43x and G26.5 which both have their pros and cons, I’ll be picking up another set of possible in anticipation to what gun control lies ahead.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Yawn, I’ll just leave these here.

Attachment 63682

Attachment 63683
    You flexin’? Cause I feel like you might be flexin’.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    You flexin’? Cause I feel like you might be flexin’.
    Maybe... just kidding around.

Hammertime
    I like the G26 for a ten round solution.

I also like weapon lights.

As such I just ghetto grip chopped an old G19 to take G26 mags. Problemo solved.

Glenn should consider the G43XMOS to have light and optic capability if desired.

Or chop a G19.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I like the G26 for a ten round solution.

I also like weapon lights.

As such I just ghetto grip chopped an old G19 to take G26 mags. Problemo solved.

Glenn should consider the G43XMOS to have light and optic capability if desired.

Or chop a G19.
    Chopping a G19 to 26 grip length is something I've been considering having done as a "worst case" ban scenario. I assume that the difference in spring pressure of a 10 round G26 magazine pushing up against a G19 slide does not affect reliability?

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Chopping a G19 to 26 grip length is something I've been considering having done as a "worst case" ban scenario. I assume that the difference in spring pressure of a 10 round G26 magazine pushing up against a G19 slide does not affect reliability?
    I had one of my 19.4's chopped to a 26 and I didn't like how it 'felt' in my hands where the balance was super top heavy. I never even shot it as I had the opportunity to sell it for good money and I did so.
    Just one perspective, I know others like it.

Site Supporter
    I'll throw in a vote for Kahr. They're thin, small and have nice triggers--albeit different from typical SFA triggers. More like a "real" DA?

I have a K9 which I've put I dunno... 12 - 1300 rounds through. No problems other than 2 premature slide locks in the first 100 rounds. I shoot mine well. When I'm not carry a P239, the K9 is great.

OP-Meyer, it shouldn't matter much to anybody what I have and carry, just as I don't really care what you end up buying/using/carrying; but you asked.

I often carry my Glock 26 gen3 with some type of mag extension for my pinky-finger to rest upon. I don't generally have mag-cap-restrictions and will use a Glock +2 extension added onto the G26 10-round mag.

I also have a Glock 43, which I used as a BUG before retiring (generally replacing a S&W 642 which was my BUG for years before that). Even though I've got various holsters for the G43, I seldom carry the G43 as I simply prefer the G26gen3 due to the feel and I probably shoot it a bit better (more accurately & faster) along with the higher capacity.

For 9mm Glocks, I still have a G34gen4 (seldom carried), G17gen5, and G19gen5, which I might carry instead. I actually have my G23gen3 on my gunbelt today, as I like that one too.

I've heard some good things about the SIG P365 and some bad things with the early ones. Even though I own three SIGs (older metal framed 9mm guns), I don't think I'll be buying any more due to lack of confidence with SIG and SIG's parts seem harder-to-get compared to Glock.

User Tag List