Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    For me it’s a balance thing. The only revolvers that tend to stick around my accumulation are under 5” although I am trying hard to convince myself to try a 5” GP or 686.

And hookers and blow are becoming more socially acceptable.
    I have a blued 5” GP and it balances a bit better than I was expecting. Really think the 4” would have been my sweet spot but pleasantly surprised by the 5”. Plus, finding a 4” locally has been challenging to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm real close to contacting Ruger and asking them what it would take to do a run of 3" GP100s insofar as demand from this forum. Thoughts?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm real close to contacting Ruger and asking them what it would take to do a run of 3" GP100s insofar as demand from this forum. Thoughts?

Ruger model 1708, with a bobbed hammer and either compact or no finger groove grips. (what I was looking for)

Site Supporter
    It never hurts to ask. I'd love to get a new WC at normal pricing or a 3" with the WC cylinder and an adjustable rear sight.

I think @Tokarev has a contact (or somebody else) and something nags at me that the magic number was a thousand units and they will make whatever ya want. Though, with stuff like this on their www site:

We greatly appreciate the high interest in our products. The demand for many of these products has far outpaced the supply, especially over the past few months.

and

This being said, please beware of placing a non-refundable deposit on any firearm at this time. There is not a retailer in the country that can guarantee you a time frame for delivery until their distributor ships them the firearm.

it probably doesn't matter who you know unless maybe their name is Ruger

But put me down for some variation of the 3" GP100, probably with the nice fixed sights. But I want mine to be 7-shot in 9mm...

What are your desired specs?

I can ask (and will) but am not holding my breath.

Another similar option might be to work with Lipseys or another distributor and see if there's any interest.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What are your desired specs?

I can ask (and will) but am not holding my breath.

Another similar option might be to work with Lipseys or another distributor and see if there's any interest.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I doubt we can make it happen, I suspect everyone will get all picky and we won't agree upon anything.
    #RESIST

This would be awesome and would be in but I just blew through this years firearm budget in just the last 6 weeks. If lead times were as such to where I could work some OT and what not I could most likely make it happen.

I doubt we can make it happen, I suspect everyone will get all picky and we won't agree upon anything.
    I'd love a 3" Wiley Clapp with the Novak Sights or...

a 3" with the quick change front sight, an adjustable rear, with a six-shot cylinder (but not the 7). Blue or stainless.

But yeah. You're probably right. I think we'd need to order a thousand. And they would all have to be the same.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post

a 3" with the quick change front sight, an adjustable rear, with a six-shot cylinder (but not the 7). Blue or stainless.
    I think that this would be all that we could or should ask for, but I doubt that we could muster the numbers needed.
    #RESIST

User Tag List