Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Site Supporter
    Somebody needs this and I need it to not be me: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895263174

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Somebody needs this and I need it to not be me: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895263174
    $1100, I’m calling it now.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    $1100, I’m calling it now.
    Nope. $900 buy now. But also used, as is, private seller, limited pics, and Zelle payment preferred. Says never fired or holstered but looks to have wear marks here and there. Feels like a risk there though sometimes a gamble is worth it.

Site Supporter
    Seller has a lot of reviews, and money order is another option, for whatever that's worth. I have limited experience with GB buys and common wisdom would say my last purchase was risky so, I wouldn't necessarily take my advice on anything here. All I know for sure is...I shouldn't buy another one of these right this minute and the longer it sits there the harder that is to manage.

I’m starting to dig this hog leg. Two second par from every day AIWB, seven yards.

Name:  A90FD9BC-2DED-4ACC-9DCA-B4EB3A54CB90.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  D91DFFA9-4C73-496C-8C03-5A46FC6BF22C.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  31.7 KB
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I notice your left thumbnail looks sooty. Give some consideration to how it gets that way in case you ever put a Magnum cartridge in the gun.

Also, my routine is to stuff a dry paper towel in my range bag. Wipe off the Roscoe while it's still warm and the soot comes off easily, no scrubbing and no solvents.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I notice your left thumbnail looks sooty. Give some consideration to how it gets that way in case you ever put a Magnum cartridge in the gun.

Also, my routine is to stuff a dry paper towel in my range bag. Wipe off the Roscoe while it's still warm and the soot comes off easily, no scrubbing and no solvents.
    I don't think these are light loads (5.7 of BE-86 pushing a 158gr SWC), but point taken on thumb positioning. @jetfire said the thumb thing is a fact of life with revolvers. I'm not used to cleaning guns that much, I know that I need to change my intervals with revolvers.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don't think these are light loads (5.7 of BE-86 pushing a 158gr SWC), but point taken on thumb positioning. @jetfire said the thumb thing is a fact of life with revolvers. I'm not used to cleaning guns that much, I know that I need to change my intervals with revolvers.
    FWIW, using jacketed or plated ammunition reduces the cleaning needs substantially. Don't handload, and have never seen them factory loaded, but I hear the coated bullets do well in this regard as well. Then again I was raised on cleaning firearms after every shooting session. Doesn't hurt to like the smell of Hoppes :-)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    FWIW, using jacketed or plated ammunition reduces the cleaning needs substantially. Don't handload, and have never seen them factory loaded, but I hear the coated bullets do well in this regard as well. Then again I was raised on cleaning firearms after every shooting session. Doesn't hurt to like the smell of Hoppes :-)
    Coated bullets are much better than traditional lubed cast bullets in regard to cleaning, but they're not quite as nice as plated or jacketed. And Hoppe's does smell nice.

Site Supporter
    One of the bad habits Glocks have taught us is that handgun maintenance can be a sometimes or occasional thing. I was taught early on to clean you firearm after every shooting session. A lesson that perhaps should be learned again.

YMMV,
    Dave

User Tag List