Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Puts those Dayton 14s in perspective. Just saying. Why bother being ESQ, retired if you don’t buy revolvers like one?
    Actually, it was probably a good thing that I missed out on that Dayton 14. Thing looked too pretty to shoot.

If I were hit with the reality clue-bat, I'd get a 66-8 or two or a WC GP.100 and retire the nickeled 19 snubbie that I carry. The nickel is a little damaged on the barrel, so I don't think I'm committing any great sacrilege by using it. A 66-8 would be slightly preferred, as I have all of the accoutrements I'd need.

Or I could send off one of the sub-$250 Model 64s that I bought when Southern Ohio Gun was selling them cheaply and get an inch whacked off the barrel.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Puts those Dayton 14s in perspective. Just saying. Why bother being ESQ, retired if you don’t buy revolvers like one?

(Just yanking your chain, counselor)
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Actually, it was probably a good thing that I missed out on that Dayton 14. Thing looked too pretty to shoot.

If I were hit with the reality clue-bat, I'd get a 66-8 or two or a WC GP.100 and retire the nickeled 19 snubbie that I carry. The nickel is a little damaged on the barrel, so I don't think I'm committing any great sacrilege by using it. A 66-8 would be slightly preferred, as I have all of the accoutrements I'd need.

Or I could send off one of the sub-$250 Model 64s that I bought when Southern Ohio Gun was selling them cheaply and get an inch whacked off the barrel.
    I think the nickled m19 is to the point its worn. Just let it wear. It only looks better with age. Or get that shoulder holster for it as a dedicated set up.

I love that worn nickle on my wifes M15.

As for the rest of your idea. Yes. Buy 2 m66-8s and cut an inch of a m64.

Fwiw 2 weeks ago there was a 2.75" m66-8 1 town over for a reasonable amount (iirc in the $800s)

The nickel is a little damaged on the barrel, so I don't think I'm committing any great sacrilege by using it. A 66-8 would be slightly preferred, as I have all of the accoutrements I'd need.
    Nickeled S&W revolvers look best either pristine, or, looking they they have been through a war, repelling hordes of boarders, and buffaloing plenty of heads.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

That works.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I felt like I paid more than I "should" but an ok price in today's market. So far, that's proven true. Having said that...This one is very reasonable so far in today's world, if you ignore the buy it now price, and there are only a few hours to go:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893987892

Well... I won that one by virtue of bidding while driving. I had that one on my watch list and set an alarm at 2:30 to check it before it had expired. When I did there still a had only one bid and I bumped it by 10 bucks. it was down to less than an hour and I ended up having to be some where, I left the house winning the bid. I stopped on the road a to check to find that I had been out bid again, so I took it to $800. Realizing that the auction would end while I was going up the mountain with no cell coverage, I'm sure that this will be frowned upon by some but I checked the bid while driving. Seeing that it was at $850 I to put my final bid in of 875. I did stop to do this, then I drove on back to the house. It was about 30 minutes of no cell signal. I figured that I would have been out bid again. I think if I had been sitting at the house I would have chickened out at $850

Here is my reason for going that high on this particular gun. I have been wanting a WC model for some time and and it seemed like I always stopped one bid short or it was sold yesterday. I may have even bid against LL on the one he got. But I digress, If I was going to have to make a 3 inch GP, the barrel and gunsmith was gonna be a couple of hundred anyway. Add that to a base gun and you get to about what I spent on this one.

I can proudly say that I am now a member of the three inch club.

Site Supporter
    Congratulations. I was hoping you'd gotten it. You did a little bit better than I did too, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Well... I won that one by virtue of bidding while driving.
    —- Confession Redacted —-
    I can proudly say that I am now a member of the three inch club.
    So you got a neat GP-100 and holster for under $900?
    I love mine and it’s a gun that I’d consider buying again.

That really isn't a bad price, I paid $700 for mine when they first became available in 2012.

I think with the upcoming gun control laws putting restrictions on semi-autos rollers are only going to go up in price. So I think you made a wise call.

Cat

User Tag List